- 7+ years of experience in one or all of the following disciplines; corporate security management, loss prevention, asset protection, transportation/supply chain security, guard force utilization, and investigations
- 4+ years experience in a customer service driven environment
- 4+ years leading loss prevention and inventory shrink reduction efforts
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Proven ability to work with and effectively persuade facility site leaders and other key departments within organization.
- Experience planning, scheduling and tracking project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Experience developing and delivering progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Experience managing project scope changes, identifying potential crises, and devising contingency plans
- Familiarity with security equipment such as intrusion detection devices, access control systems, and CCTVs
- Proficient with MS Office Professional Suite, including intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Experience leading teams and providing management, leadership and mentoring to team members as needed
- Able to work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Up to 50% travel (domestic)
The Sr. Regional Loss Prevention Manager is responsible for ensuring that their area of responsibility efficiently and effectively provides security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) protection through design of physical infrastructure and processes across North American fulfillment centers. The Senior Manager is a key member of the operations organization, working with the FC Operational teams as well as cross functional teams throughout the organization. They will be instrumental in driving network wide projects to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of Loss Prevention within the company. The Sr. Regional Manager will guide a team of Regional Loss Prevention Managers overseeing multiple sites and is field based.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Enhance, track, and report on metrics which are key performance indicators, allowing performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner
- Assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud and conduct interviews when appropriate
- Effectively address security incidents including potential and actual work place violence incidents per policy as well as conduct testing of the incident response plans
- Ensure that team members understand, align performance and actions with and can clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and their department
- Ensure Internal Controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to area are fulfilled
- Work with cross functional teams to develop and deploy specific programs to motivate associates and staff to comply with policies, programs, and guidelines
- Develop action steps to support internal customers in resolving identified issues and mitigating risks, including identified certified contractors who resolve physical security system issues
- Lead crisis management planning and emergency response for facilities within the region using the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Develop business cases which receive the required approval, financial and technical resources, and the support of appropriate management to enact desired changes
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain candidates who raise the performance bar of the security services organization when needed
- Coach and mentor at management level
- Manage a high volume workload and in fast pace, complex, changing environment
- Manage complex data streams and identify meaningful, actionable trends
- Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc.
- Experience with warehouse, distribution center, or electronic transaction based services
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification is a plus
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience desired and Wicklander and Zulawski certification is preferred
- Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
- CPP, PSP or CISSP certification.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.