ABOUT THE JOB
Under supervision of the Care Services Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for managing and supervising Artisans who are responsible for effectively repairing a variety of handbag styles and other leather goods. The Production Supervisor will also assist with the training and development of our Artisan team members to ensure we provide quality work for our clients in a clean, safe and efficient manner. They will develop and implement processes to ensure compliance with company policies/procedures, continual process improvement and drive employee initiatives to create and promote an environment where team members are involved and committed to the success of the Company.
Currently looking for 2nd shift Supervisor (from 3 pm - 11:30 pm Mon - Fri) with the occasional Saturday. They should also have the flexibility to train on the 1st shift (6 am - 2:30 pm; Mon - Fri) for the first 2-3 months.
- Manage and support Artisans and coordinate daily work activities within the workshop
- Communicate and enforce company rules and policies
- Track productivity goals for department and continuously motivate team members to meet assigned objectives
- Identify individual and team training needs, including developing new hires and continual training for team members
- Perform informal and formal coaching and development along with annual performance reviews for team members.
- Ensure service rate is above target of 80% (under 14 days turnover) by managing capacity and performance
- Manage weekly capacity (available hours based on vacation/people skills) and assess material/ equipment needs
- Monitor production flows to identify obstacles or technical problems.
- Propose and implement optimal lay out for visible flows.
- Support manager by defining performance targets, providing consistent coaching, helping to identify the team’s development and training needs, and offering suggestions for individual action plans
- Assist manager by making recommendations in identifying, recruiting and developing talents, securing succession plans in collaboration with manager.
- Lead and motivate the team to drive business: create a positive and harmonious work environment, build a strong team spirit and foster cooperation within the team and between managers.
- Ensure that LV repair/production specifications are applied while working closely with Central technical team
- Ensure all machines are safe to operate
Provide daily, weekly, and monthly KPIs to team and management on workshop performance and main highlights
- Minimum Education required: High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor's Degree is a plus
- 2 - 5 year’s job experience in similar capacity
- Knowledge of sewing on leather/canvas is a plus
- Basic math skills required for measuring
- Basic computer skills are a plus
- Detail, Quality and Safety Oriented
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Bilingual, English/Spanish fluency
- Must be able to work overtime as required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Piscataway, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Production/Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Supervising: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person