Chief Engineer - Senior
Create cloud based and traditional infrastructure solutions as well as custom applications through automated scripts
- Create, maintain and implement configuration management scripts
- Automate and run Build and Deploy processes
- Troubleshoot and fix configuration issues in accordance with published SLA expectations and Document/communicate the resolution notes to other team members
- This position will also coordinate with a broad range of internal stakeholders, including; development teams, architects, and QA Teams to validate configuration with industry standard best practices before they are placed into production.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for, and delivering new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Solid experience with Cloud and virtualization based technologies
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins and Chef as well as general scripting.
- Experience with CI/CD setup
- Working knowledge with a database system such as MsSQL/Oracle and NoSQL/Mongo.
- Experience with configuring databases to support various activities related to the system
- Background as a Software Engineer for at least five years, including experience as a Software Engineer for at least one project in one of the VAEC’s CSP Vendors Clouds.
- Chief Architect or Senior Engineer on a production system in one of the VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC)CSP Vendors Clouds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of modern software development and Dev/Ops tools, including GitHub.
- Experience resolving security vulnerabilities
- Working knowledge of web application architectures
- Document the environment details, Deployment Diagrams, and network topologies.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the organization goals.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues
Public Trust Clearance (MBI) is required for this position.
US Citizenship is required for this position.