Bob Evans Farms operates in multiple convenience foods categories within grocery and club. It holds #1 market positions in three major categories. This winning brand has been experiencing strong growth, a trend it's expecting to continue mostly through its leadership in the refrigerated dinner and breakfast categories. In addition to its flagship Bob Evans brand, the Bob Evans Farms portfolio proudly includes Owens, Simply Potatoes, Egg Beaters, Davidson's and Pineland Farms. Bob Evans Farms products are distributed nationally in retailers throughout North America. This includes national grocery chains like Kroger, Safeway, Whole Foods Market, and SuperValu; mass merchants Target and Walmart; as well as club stores and via e-commerce.
The Senior Manager, Consumer Research & Insights will serve as a key member of the growing Insights & Analytics team. He/She will collaborate with fellow insights team members, brand marketers, trade partners and product developers to deliver penetrating insights from understanding breakfast related consumer behavior. Through a combination of careful and creative analyses of primary research and available syndicated datasets with an understanding of the business goals and challenges, he/she serves as a business partner, providing recommendations in support of high level strategic as well as tactical decisions.
- Identify headwinds or tailwinds in consumer behavior that could impact the performance of our breakfast food categories. Design and execute primary research, and mine and integrate syndicated sources and previous consumer understanding, to provide foresight that guides marketing strategies and plans.
- Aid innovation strategies by developing insights-led platforms and concepts that transform and grow our categories and business. Design and execute primary research, and mine and integrate syndicated sources and previous consumer understanding, to provide prioritization and direction for new product innovation, from idea generation to in-market performance evaluation.
- Partner with Consumer Insights Analyst to maximize insight extraction from our ongoing partnership with our syndicated POS & panel data provider.
- Design and execute primary research as needed to create and optimize communication content.
- Aid sales and trade partners on customer activation with breakfast-related consumer and shopper understanding gleaned from secondary sources and primary research. Provide foundational grounding on channel trends and shopper trends, observations, and insights.
- Create learning plans that build knowledge and insight, leveraging learning from past research and syndicated sources, that focus on answering key business questions. Ensure research adopts the appropriate level of rigor to inform different business decisions and execute within timing and budget expectations.
- Brief external research partners to deliver actionable analyses and recommendations.
- Provide clear, actionable recommendations and consulting for cross-functional partners to ensure activation of the learning.
- Ensure appropriate use of findings and recommendations with business partners; offer coaching on how to think about the data when needed.
- Create or apply new ways to leverage traditional datasets.
- Deliver deep consumer understanding in simple, story-like fashion to empower business decision making.
- Bring a sense of creativity and exploration to the Insights & Analytics team and the full Marketing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with social sciences or business, marketing and statistics background preferred.
- Advanced degree such as an MBA with marketing or research focus, or an MMR would be a plus.
- 7-10 years of market research/analytics experience with a CPG company or retailer.
- Skilled in advanced statistical analyses and data manipulation; comfortable working with syndicated data (Nielsen/IRI).
- Ability to develop hypotheses for unknowns from known information.
- Advanced ability to interpret and apply data to inform a business decision.
- Demonstrated skill in pulling insights from multiple sources and unexpected places to drive breakthrough understanding and action plans.
- Demonstrated skill in managing external partners and ability to drive deliverables with internal partners without formal authority.
- Solid influencing skills demonstrated by the ability to tell a story from data, befitting the audience.
- Ability to drive and execute an agenda in a fluid environment.
- Solid communication and prioritization skills that build productive working relationships with cross-functional and external partners.
- A spirit of entrepreneurship: ability to creatively problem solve with what’s available.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Albany, OH 43054: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
Work Location: One location