This position is contingent on FY24 Budget approval
Pay Range: $83,238 – $108,209 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Workdays & Hours: This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday. 7-9am – 4-6pm with some evening/weekend work required. Hybrid on-site work model available with supervisory approval; staff required to be on-site at least 2 days per week.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. IT Business Planner position is available with the City of Fort Worth IT Solutions ERP Support Division. The ERP team maintains, supports and enhances PeopleSoft HCM, FSCM and other related systems. This position will require the candidate selected to participate in the planning, business analysis, requirement gathering, prioritizing and testing of enhancements, break fixes and major projects within our Oracle/PeopleSoft environments. The position will also involve project management, engagement management, technical analysis, financial reporting and tracking worklist items.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Public Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Programming, Computer Technology, or a related field.
- Six (6) years of business experience, business analysis, project management and information technology experience or related field.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Candidate selected for hire must pass a Criminal Background Check for CJIS.
- Management of projects involving responsibility for establishing objectives, activities, schedules and resources.
- Business process mapping or re-engineering.
- Industry standard business analysis techniques.
- Organization and time management
- Problem solving.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Manage resources in accordance with project schedule.
- Manage client expectations.
The Sr. IT Business Planner job responsibilities include:
- Work with business process owners and various stakeholders to elicit, document, analyze, validate and communicate requirements using established methods and tools for new and/or existing technology initiatives.
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and to deliver business planner artifacts as needed. Coordinates and communicates with stakeholders, management staff and vendor staff on project issues and status.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and solution providers. Engages vendors, contractors and city personnel to bring technical solutions to projects.
- Develops requirements specifications according to standard templates. Works with Project Managers to document requirements and business process flows; and manages requirements through the life of the project.
- Maintains awareness of new developments in the field of information technology; and works with appropriate technical staff and others to incorporate/implement new developments as appropriate.
- Prepares feasibility studies, as applicable; and assists in development of Request for Information (RFI's), Request for Proposals (RFP's), analysis of vendor RFP responses, Mayor and Council Communications (M&C) and Minority and Women Business Enterprises (MWBE) forms.
- Performs application administrator role during project implementation and helps train/transition to customer subject matter experts and/or others for ongoing support, as applicable.
- Directs departmental and citywide projects. Manages the goals, scope, budget, resources, communications, risks and schedules of the projects assigned.
Sedentary Work – Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions.
Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) Background Check
Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A Misdemeanor Conviction, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions in the last 10 years, Class A Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication in the last 10 years, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and ALL Family Violence Convictions regardless of class.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.