This is a hands-on, fast-paced position requiring direct involvement with all areas of HR applications. Candidate must be able to work independently, be detail-oriented, responsive, have excellent written, and oral communication skills.
Responsibilities includes interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, coaching, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employee’s performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards.
Previous experience in logistics is preferred and a strong payroll background. BS degree in human resources management or related field is desired. 3-5 years of human resources experience required. Benefits package.
This role must be willing to assist as a backup driver, delivering as needed.
· Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and improve performance through management feedback.
· Must be adept at problem-solving including being able to identify issues and resolve in a timely manner.
· Basic knowledge of labor laws.
· Ability to verify the time and attendance report daily and process a weekly payroll.
· Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the management team, and presentations.
· Implement and maintain all HR functions, including but not limited too; recruitment efforts, benefits administration, and daily administrative duties, including data entry, disciplinary process, Safety and OSHA recordkeeping, and wellness committee objectives.
· Compile, update, verify employee records, and documents (including I9 and benefit information)
· Create and distribute documents and postings.
· Process documentation (using multiple software) and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (including recruitment, training, grievances, and performance evaluations.)
· Coordinate HR projects (meetings, trainings, surveys) and take minutes when necessary.
· Implement and follow handbook policies and regulations regarding employee’s request or employee issues.
· Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
· Conduct initial safety training/orientation
· Tracking and verifying contract labor hours and invoices.
· Assist with the facilitation of Wellness and Safety objectives.
· Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
· Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
· And any other assigned duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $54,000.00 per year
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
We practice social distancing and contactless interactions with the drivers and the delivery station workers.
- Payroll: 3 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 3 years (Required)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- Saturday (Required)
- Do you see in this posting the salary listed for this role?
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required