- Driver's License
- DEA Certification
- Physical Examinations
The Jackson County Correctional Facility; herein referred to as JCCF; is located in Marianna Florida is in need of a designated health authority with responsibility for health care services pursuant to a written agreement, contract, and/or job description. The main focus of this position is responsibility for medical care rendered to all inmates, and overall supervision and conduct of clinical services at the Jackson County Correctional Facility. The Medical Director acts as the single designated physician responsible for final clinical judgment over medical decisions and actions taken by health care staff to ensure timely and quality care, disease prevention, and cost containment. The position clinically supervises any advanced registered nurse practitioners as applicable. The JCCF medical department is currently staffed by three (3) fulltime career licensed practical nurses (LPN’s), and the facility contracts, dental, mental health, pharmacy, lab and x-ray services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- The physician must be licensed in the State of Florida and in good standing
- The physician will provide:
- Medical administration in the capacity of the facility Health Authority.
- Oversight and implementing all levels of health care services, to include providing quality accessible health care services to all inmates.
- Develops, reviews and/or approves all health care directives, policies and procedures; clinical practice guidelines; and nursing assessment protocols annually, or more frequently, if necessary.
- Designated with the responsibility for health care services of the inmates. The contract physician may delegate responsibilities to another provider such as outside specialist as needed. The final clinical judgement and ultimately the responsibility rest with the contract physician.
- Provide onsite visits twice a week for a minimum of 3 hours per visit.
- Provide coverage for telephone consultations for medical sick call (24-hour coverage for immediate medical problems).
- Arrange admission to inpatient and/or emergency department hospital care when medically appropriate.
- Perform routine physical exams.
- Perform minor office procedures such as suturing; etc.
- Reviews and approves annually, the Suicide Prevention Plan; and the Drug Formulary;
- Reviews and approves agency health assessment and screening templates;
- Attends and participates in administrative and healthcare meetings, as necessary
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and you may not be responsible for every item listed.
- The employer reserves the right to assign additional functions and responsibilities as necessary.
- Doctoral Degree (MD or DO)
- DEA Certification
- Maintain appropriate, unrestricted credentials according to the licensure, certification, and registration requirements of the jurisdiction
- CPR-Basic Life Support
- 2 years correctional health experience is preferred; may substitute for 2 years not-for profit or community based healthcare
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license
- Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Knowledge of administrative and supervisory techniques, practices and procedures, including an understanding of budgeting cost containment while maintaining community standards
- Knowledge of current medical protocol for procedures/treatments of specific injuries/illnesses
- Ability to review, develop and revise medical services policies and procedures
- Medical diagnostic skills to diagnose illnesses based on symptoms, history and test results
- Ability to perform all functions of the job classification without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
PLEASE call Judy Austin at 850-703-9184 to receive a copy of the Bid Documents and submittal requirements for this position.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $72,000.00 /year
- Physical Examinations: 2 years (Preferred)
- M.D. or D.O. (Preferred)
- DEA Certification (Preferred)
- State of Florida Medica;l License (Preferred)