Do you want to be part of the next age of metals manufacturing? Modumetal is a mission-oriented company pioneering a new class of nanolaminated metals (think plywood, but with very thin layers and of metal) that will forever change the way that industrial metals are designed and made. Near term application are currently focused in large scale, high-performance corrosion resistant materials and lightweight structures. The Company is actively scaling its patented manufacturing process, which enables nanolaminated materials to be produced at large scale and at prices competitive with conventional metals manufacturing. Modumetal’s customers and backers include several Fortune 50, energy-sector entities. Modumetal is currently seeking a Controller for the Modumetal finance and human resources team.
The Controller is accountable for all accounting operations of the company, including, but not limited to, production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to the CFO.
- Manage one accountant, primarily for AP/AR.
- Oversee month-end close process in its entirety, including all income and balance sheet accounts.
- Cash flow maintenance and visibility.
- Establish consistent, standard procedures and policies regarding accounting and controls.
- Create management reporting, internal diagnostics, and dashboards.
- Prepare, analyze, and review accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to the applicable reporting and procedural standards.
- Ensure invoices along with required supporting documentation and payment are received and recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide advice on accounting and financial impacts of new or proposed transactions, quantify opportunities and risks, and recommend solutions.
- Ensure complex accruals are correctly identified and correctly accrued on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance and maintain relationships with all outstanding loan, royalty, and other agreements.
- Lead all project cost analyses including NPV, WACC, IRR and other financial measures to evaluate cost-benefit and facilitate related go/no-go decisions.
- Prepare monthly forecasts, including cash.
- Prepare monthly budget vs. actual reports.
- Manage the annual budgeting process.
- Manage and coordinate the year-end audit and provide all necessary documents/support.
- Prepare other regulatory reporting including, but not limited to, business licensing, franchise tax, state tax, property tax, sales tax, use tax and all other reporting and taxes as they apply.
- Prepare payroll and manage benefits.
- Performs ad hoc analysis as needed at the discretion of management.
Education and Experience
Minimum qualifications/skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Finance/Accounting
- 5+ years of work experience
- CPA and/or public accounting experience required
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Relocation not authorized for this position
- H1B sponsorship is not available for this position