Chief Compliance Officer - Mortgage (JD Required) - Charlotte, NC
Looking for a great opportunity? Willing to relocate? Offit Kurman is looking to hire a Chief Compliance Officer to work on-site with our client, a mortgage company, in Charlotte, NC. Applicants must have a JD and be admitted to practice (any state)
- Represent client before federal and state regulatory authorities, including the CFPB, HUD, DOJ, FDIC, FTC, the Federal Reserve, state Attorneys General during investigations and enforcement proceedings.
- Provide advice on existing laws and regulations that govern mortgage originators.
- Assist client on implementing policies and procedures in compliance with various federal regulations and agency guidelines (TRID, Qualified Mortgage Rules, HUD FHA Mortgagee guidelines, RESPA Anti-Kickback provisions, HMDA, FCRA and FACTA Act requirements, FinCen Anti-Money Laundering requirements and Privacy rules)
- Advise on licensing requirements, loan originator compensation, fair lending, new product development and disclosures, marketing and audits.
- Managing a team of people.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: 3 years (Required)