Sandy Springs Police Department
Records Supervisor FLSA: Part Time / Non-Exempt
The rate of pay is $17.00 per hour (maximum of 29 hours per week).
The scheduled hours for this position are:
Tuesday - 0830-1730
Wednesday - 0830-1730
Thursday - 1100-1730
Friday - 1100-1730
This position may require work on some holidays, nights and weekends. Part-time positions with the City of Sandy Springs are not eligible for any employment benefits.
The purpose of this position is to provide and conduct the administrative duties that are associated with the Sandy Springs Police Department. Duties will include but are not limited to: operating alphabetic, numeric, and special character keyboards, performing data verification and other related clerical duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist different departments as needed, CID, Major, and Crime Analysis
- Respond to all incoming calls and direct the call to appropriate department/ party
- Fingerprints the public
- Issues City approved permits
- Maintains the permits records
- Scans and files records
- Performs background checks
- Processes accounts payable/receivable records
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year administration / clerical experience
- Ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written instruction
- Knowledge of data entry programs, personal computers, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain organized and accurate record, file and/or other materials
- GCIC certified
- Two (2) years of clerical experience
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Specialized training and course work related to the conduct of municipal court or Law enforcement operations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Employee must be committed to a high standard of confidentiality and be willing and able to comply with all GCIC/NCIC laws and all Departmental policies and rules and must be willing to report and/or act on any GCIC/NCIC violations and potential or suspected violations to appropriate supervisory personnel.
Employee must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all safety policies and rules and must be willing to report and/or act on safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
Incumbent is expected to meet attendance standards as determined by management. Employee must be available and willing to work on either a part-time or full-time basis according to the assigned schedule. Must be available and willing to work overtime (including daily, weekend and holidays) as determined by management as necessary to meet the business needs.
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, drive an automobile; occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel and crouch; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will perform most duties in a typical office environment. The noise level in the office environment is usually quiet. Job requires employee to perform duties at company site.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please follow this link to complete an online application for employment which includes the Police Department Application Questionnaire.
Please note that incomplete applications and questionnaires will not be considered.
Open Until Filled