Land surveyor for planning, designing, and directing surveying projects by performing the following duties. (Requisition # 17SU18.P2S)
Qualifications for this full time position include the following:
The ideal candidate for this position possess a Florida Surveyor's license with a minimum of 5 years license experience or a Bachelor's degree in surveying, geomatics or similar from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum 4 years experience or the equivalent thereof. Hydrographic, Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE), and FDOT experience preferred but not a required. A SIT (Surveyor In Training) with 4 years experience and the ability to obtain a survey license maybe considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and monitor project budgets. Overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Serve as project manager or project surveyor and as designated client contact.
- Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies.
- Attend client/project meetings.
- Coordinate and approve pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects. Assist in preparing responses to requests for qualifications/proposals.
- Develop surveying agreements for his/her projects within the department.
- Responsible for control of work-in-process. Ensure accurate client billing, monitoring and reporting outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- Visit project sites to monitor job progress.
- Prepare forecast of workload for assigned staff.
- Supervise and direct survey crews. Provide guidance and feedback to assist in employee development and achievement of organizational objectives.
- Maintain working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation workflows and standards and Hypack. Supervise and direct survey/CAD technicians in the production of survey deliverables.
- Occasionally direct and supervise other surveyor’s and draftspersons/technicians activities.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and schedule maintenance and calibration for survey instruments and data collection software. Research new equipment and assess feasibility of adoption.
- Perform computations and adjustments of conventional and GPS survey data to establish control and verify positional accuracy.
- Maintain knowledge of survey and mapping practice and applicable laws and standards.
- Prepare clear and concise survey reports.
- Perform quality control and assessment of all levels of survey activities. Review survey deliverables and ensure compliance with contracts, standards and laws.
About George F. Young, Inc.
Founded in St. Petersburg, Florida in 1919 by pioneer Engineer and Surveyor George Fleming Young; George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) has been in continuous operation in Florida for nearly 100 years and remains a Florida owned company today. GFY has grown to become a single source for Land Development, Educational, Healthcare, Institutional, Municipal, Parks and Recreation, Property Transaction, and Transportation Engineering Support projects throughout Florida and the Caribbean Basin.
GFY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AAP/M/F/Disability/Veteran). We ensure nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and maintain a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: