Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies. Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
- Hard hat mentality – zero ego, take pride in the nitty gritty details, and enjoy the build.
- Exceptional communication skills – with internal stakeholders, partners, and our members.
- Live and die by the dashboard – drive towards realization of measurable KPIs.
- Whiteboard savant – motivated to create innovative solutions from scratch.
- Financial savvy – strong grounding in unit economics and making the business case.
- Always testing – creating and validating hypotheses for how our products can improve.
- Growth mindset – ready to grow as an individual alongside our growth as a business.
As a member of Inspire’s Commercial Strategy team you will work closely with the finance, operations, sales/growth, and technology teams to help deliver against our strategic plan, and to identify, evaluate, and execute against customer-level and enterprise-level value creation opportunities. Key metrics you will be evaluated on will include gross profit targets, expanding our member lifecycle, bringing our Smart Energy product to market efficiently, and increasing lifetime value of a member.
BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS
- Background owning mission-critical projects and metrics.
- Experience partnering with strategic finance teams to deliver measurable impact to product and financial performance. Strong analytics background.
- Project or product management experience, including agile software development experience.
- Experience bringing innovative products to market and delivering on a go-to-market roadmap.
- Exposure to, or experience in, the energy or smart home industries is preferred.
- Experience at small, up-and-comer companies (or meaningful side projects) is preferred.
- Smart Energy Go-to-Market. Scaling and maturing Inspire’s first-of-its-kind Smart Energy offering, including business model innovations, enabling achievement of sales targets, and improving financial performance. This will entail optimizing the clean energy subscription product that underpins our Smart Energy offering.
- Energy Data / Energy Management. Working closely with our Data Science and Corporate Development teams to study how we collect and leverage data to power our product decisions, business decisions, and power our member experience. You will need to be steeped in utility programs and develop an understanding of how Inspire might interact with both incumbents and new stakeholders in the energy and IoT space.
- Product Portfolio Management. Ensuring maximum return on product investment decisions, including by actively managing existing product and market positioning, and by pursuing high-value opportunities.
- Testing and Measurement. Bringing rigorous attention to user behavior and market outcomes, leveraging these insights to create value. Establishing a series of champion / challenger testing frameworks that will help Inspire understand our products and members.
- Unlimited vacation
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Lots of cupcakes