This position will focus a lot of outside sales. You will need to make phone calls to prospects to set appointments and build a COI network to successful.
The job has a quarterly incentive plan and an monthly mortgage referral incentive plan.
At Amegy Bank, people and culture are at the heart of everything we do. Everyone counts isn’t just a phrase. It is woven into all aspects of our organization. We know that to be successful in delivering the best to our clients, we must have a diverse and inclusive team with varied cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. Join our team of caring bankers who support the growth of businesses, families, and the communities we serve. Let us help you transform your career. Amegy Bank, here you grow.
We are looking for a seasoned Branch Relationship Banker (Personal Banker) to provide top notch customer service to our clients and customers at our Pearland Financial center located at 1930 Country Place Parkway, Suite 114, Pearland, TX 77584. If you are passionate about being part of a community, being a team player, and helping others reach their financial goals, then we are interested in speaking with you!
Ideal candidates will have the skills and experience necessary to:
- Provide full-service banking services to new and existing customers within the branch/financial center, with a primary focus on sales and service
- Process all financial transactions accurately and in a timely manner within established authorized limits and other customer service duties within the branch/financial center
- Open new accounts, update accounts, issue/activate ATM cards, originate/close consumer loans, and resolve client services concerns
- Execute the sales discovery process and manage customer relationships
- Conduct assessments with clients to determine their financial needs and make appropriate recommendations
- Make appropriate referrals for other bank products and services, including commercial lending products and follow up with clients as needed
- Execute inside/outside sales calls to prospects and established customers
- Establish, expand, and maintain strong customer relationship by providing extensive, personalized service focused on specific needs of each banking customer
- Support retail objectives/initiatives in capitalizing on business opportunities that directly or indirectly influence the product of revenue and risk of loss
- Perform all duties in compliance with laws, regulations, and bank policies and procedures
- Resolve client concerns through direct personal action or referral to alternative branch or bank resources
- Adhere to the bank’s security policies while maintaining confidentiality of bank records and client information
- Meet with Branch Service Manager and/or Branch Manager daily to discuss progress in reaching individual and branch goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in banking, sales, teller, new accounts, loan processing or other directly related experience
- Previous experience in a financial sales representative-oriented role with knowledge of consumer lending applications processes and procedures preferred
- Strong banking and sales experience preferred
- Meeting sales goals and/or sales referral goals experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of mathematical calculations and standard banking products, services, and transactions
- Strong knowledge of all retail products and services
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills, both verbal and written
- Effective selling, cross-selling, and referral skills
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Proficient in basic computer skills
Hours of Work:
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 8 and Saturday; 8:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- This is a full-time position: 40.00 hours per week. Must be able to work a flexible schedule within the hours listed above.
At Amegy Bank, we strive to create value for our customers, communities, employees, and shareholders. As a member of our team, we recognize the essential role you will play in our success. Our benefit plans are designed to help protect the health and well-being of you and your families, while helping you grow in your career.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - START DAY ONE!
- Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Health Savings (HSA), Flexible Spending (FSA) and dependent care accounts
- Paid Training, Paid Time Off (PTO) and 11 Paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match, Profit Sharing, competitive compensation in line with work experience
- Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
- Tuition Reimbursement for qualifying employees
- Employee Ambassador preferred banking products
Amegy Bank, a division of Zions Bancorporation (ZION), is listed on the S&P 500 & NASDAQ Financial 100 indices.
To review our Benefits Summary click here.
Zions Bancorporation, National Association prohibits illegal discrimination and reaffirms its policy of providing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), by extending equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, gender, disability, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship, protected veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
It is the Company’s policy not to discriminate because of a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family members. Also, Zions will safeguard the fair and equitable treatment of protected veteran spouses and family members with regard to all employment actions and prohibit harassment of applicants and employees because of their relationship or association with a protected veteran.
Applicants Requesting Accommodations: If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us
Click hereto view our EEO Statement.
Click hereto view applicable Federal, State and/or local employment law posters.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pearland, TX 77584: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- NMLS (Preferred)
- Life and Health Insurance Licenses (Preferred)
- Series 6 license (Preferred)
Work Location: In person