STERIS is a leading provider of infection prevention and procedural products and services, focused primarily on the critical markets of healthcare, pharmaceutical and research and medical devices. Our mission is to help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe. We have 12,000 employees worldwide, with over 3,000 in Customer-facing sales and service roles. Founded as Innovative Medical Technologies in Ohio in 1985, the company was renamed STERIS in 1987. Many of the businesses that have been acquired and integrated into STERIS have much longer operating histories, notably the American Sterilizer Company founded in 1894. The STERIS Vision is inspired by our Customers' efforts to create a healthier and safer world, and guided by our legacy of leadership and innovation; we strive to be a Great Company. To STERIS, this means we will make a difference by providing world-class product and service solutions for our Customers, safe and rewarding work for our People, and superior returns for our Shareholders.
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are:
STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Design and develop software solutions for medical devices and/or medical IT applications. Perform analyses and resolve issues using problem solving techniques to develop new and innovative solutions for our Customers. Responsible for the development and delivery of specific software features/functionality. May lead the software development efforts for a project to include task assignments to a development team and delivery to a project. Analyzes product/system-level requirements and translates them into software specifications. Determines technical feasibility of new product features.
- Works independently with minimal supervision on routine activities. Receives guidance on unusual/complex issues and approval on plans and larger-scale designs.
- Designs, implements, tests, and debugs applications according to corporate standards and procedures and department operating procedures on new and sustaining engineering projects.
- Creates software development process documentation to include requirements, design, and interface specifications, verification documentation.
- May create software validation plans and reports.
- Performs unit, integration, and system testing and capacity / performance testing of applications.
- Work as a collaborative team member in engineering projects. May perform software leadership activities.
- Collaborates with groups outside of direct responsibilities including other engineering groups, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, etc. for project planning, analysis of product requirements, and to outline proposed solutions.
- May serve as a contact point for outside vendors.
- May lead software for small development projects/initiatives. May act as a leader to junior engineers although not directly responsible for their management.
- Develops software estimates for assigned features and functions and makes delivery commitments.
- Participate in design reviews to identify issues and provide input to design recommendations.
- Review and resolve software change requests and defects.
May release software for product..
Education and Experience
- Requires 5+ years of related engineering experience.
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering required. (A degree in another Engineering discipline may be acceptable with proven software education and/or training and demonstrated software experience.)
- Advanced degree is desirable.
- Travel up to 10% (including international) may be required
Skills and Competencies
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE:
- Proven experience at software code analysis, task effort estimation, and execution to plan.
- Experience performing software requirement analysis and definition. Proven skills in working with stakeholders to refine product requirements to be realized in software is desired.
- Experience in the implementation of infrastructure and applications for Manufacturing, Installation, and Serviceability is desirable.
- Practical experience in C/C++, object-oriented analysis and programming, and multi-threaded/multi-tasking programming is required. Understanding of development for a resource-constrained target environment with specific performance requirements is desired.
- Experience in User Interface (UI)/Human Machine Interface (HMI) development is required, which may include HMI touch screens or Graphical UIs. Understanding of usability / human factors is desired.
- Software quality assurance to include unit and integration test development and execution, and code inspection and reviews.
- Experience using software integrated development environments (IDEs) and tools to include configuration management (version control), defect management, continuous integration, and code analysis tools is desired.
- Experience with medical device development is desired and/or experiences in working in a regulated industry, which require formalized software development processes and software risk management.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Capable of solving complex engineering problems through accurate interpretation of requirements and test results.
- Exceptional team player with some leadership responsibilities.
STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.
Design and develop software solutions for medical devices and/or medical IT applications. Perform analyses and resolve issues using problem solving techniques to develop new and innovative solutions for our Customers.