IvyMax Academy is a leading education service provider that prepares students exceptionally well for admission to top-tier universities and beyond. Since 2004, IvyMax has been delivering industry-best results, having helped thousands of students ace tests, develop strong leadership intelligence, and get admitted to great schools.
The strength of IvyMax’s reputation and brand name is directly attributable to the quality and breadth of its products and services. We are excited to see the continued commitment from IvyMax’s management team to devote significant resources to enhancing IvyMax’s current offerings and developing new high-quality programs, products, and services that are responsive to the evolving market needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are hiring mentors for our Summer Research Program. The mentor will work with high school students to develop individual college-level research papers. The program is designed for students to develop their own interests in academic topics, research about the topic, and produce a research paper at the end of the program. Throughout the weeks, the mentor is responsible to check on students’ progress and provide professional feedback for the students.
- Guide students to explore different topics and finalize the topic
- Familiar with the research process such as academic resources and citation
- Assist students with the process of writing a research paper (ex.thesis statements, introduction, first draft, and final draft)
- Interact and communicate with students
- Provide professional academic advice/guidance for students
- Positively reinforce student self-confidence and self-esteem
- Be organized and well-prepared for every lecture
Qualifications and Skills
- PhD./Doctorate/Postdoctoral Degree required
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with the research process
- Experiences with research/ teaching preferred
Fields of research
- AI/Data Science: Machine Learning/Data Analysis/Python
- Java/App Design
- Photography/Video Production
Job Type: Part-time
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly