Performs financial analysis in support of X-energy’s reactor project, including developing, implementing, and maintaining program budgets, providing management reporting, proposal pricing, and analysis of indirect costs where needed. Employee will be responsible for working side by side with program management team keeping them informed on all relevant financial data as it pertains to the program.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for X-energy’s reactor financial activities to include: Budget preparation, financial reporting, proposal pricing, and analysis where required.
Budgeting & Financial Planning
- Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, forecasting, and analysis.
- Work with program and project managers to develop the organization’s budget and review for completeness and accuracy.
- Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
- Apply consistent analysis and attention to detail in work pertaining to the consolidation and review of financial information, and their associated analysis, as they are shared with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Generate monthly internal financial reports such as cash flow, indirect rate variance, and monthly program budget status reports
- Analyzes assigned contracts’ projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals.
- Manage all project financial reporting to Government customers.
- Keep program managers informed of the status and availability of funds.
- Work with procurement and contracts staff to track actual and budget costs.
Government Bids & Proposals
- Collaborate with Program Manager(s), Accounting, Contracts & Procurement departments to understand the financial implications of decisions to be made in response to existing or new Government contracts.
- Develop cost/pricing models and narratives, schedules, and other elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications to determine anticipated direct costs (labor, material requirements, equipment costs, Other Direct Costs) and indirect rates.
- Experience with Firm Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursable, and Time and Materials Contracts in a Government setting a plus.
- Financial Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be eligible to apply for and possess a U.S. security clearance with either the Dept. of Defense or the Dept. of Energy
- Proven track record of academic and professional excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 2-5 years’ experience in high growth or transformational environment
- Must be a US citizen eligible for a Dept. of Defense or Dept. of Energy Security Clearance
- Strong MS office application experience, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint required
- Understanding and use of Deltek CostPoint 7.1.1 and Cognos Reporting preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and management accounting reporting practices.
- Experience preparing successful price proposals and associated price volume/cost narrative.
- Ability to establish a high degree of accountability across the organization through both performance measurements and clear communications.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFAR, and DCAA regulations and requirements.
- Solid knowledge of financial modeling best practices to develop long-range plans and comprehensive investment analyses for management and prospective investors.
- Skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with leadership.
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: