We have a need for a contract construction project manager. The position is headquartered outside of Grand Rapids, MI, with the actual construction project in West Texas. The candidate will work in the Michigan area to start and travel to West Texas as needed as the work unfolds. Criteria is as follows:
- Manage several projects concurrently.
- Before the project starts, become thoroughly familiar with the owner's supply chain, the customer specifications, the project’s budget and schedule.
- Working in conjunction with Sales and Engineering, act at primary customer contact through which all commercial items and significant technical items must pass.
- Participate in a project launch meeting with representatives of all departments.
- Generate, maintain and communicate a project schedule, collaborating with the customer, Sales, Engineering Production, and Service.
- Solicit bids from and issue purchase orders to contractors who will be involved in the field portion of the project such as building design and construction, ventilation, installation/erection, piping and wiring
- Monitor the project’s costs against budget, and the progress against the schedule. Generate and circulate a project summary to upper management listing all significant technical, commercial and schedule related items.
- Negotiate all commercial changes with the customer and maintain a timely and accurate listing of these changes ensuring the that both the Customer’s and owner documents are kept current.
This position will require around 25% travel between the company headquarters and the west Texas site.
Please reply and describe how your experience matches this job description, and your hourly rate as a 1099 resource.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $70.00 to $90.00 /hour
- construction project management: 5 years (Required)