Ask us About our Sign-On Bonus!!!
CLINICAL SUPERVISOR - MENTAL HEALTH**
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Clinical Services, the Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of various clinical, social work and supportive services within the Maryvale Residential Programs in accordance with the Agency’s philosophy, policies, procedures, and applicable statutory regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Vincentian Core Values of Maryvale and the Daughters of Charity.
- Create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and energetic commitment and serve as a role model in carrying out the Mission.
- Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability to address the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
- Follow the Trauma Informed Care philosophy when supporting and addressing the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
- Utilize Trauma Informed Care approach in recognizing the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledge the role that trauma has played in the lives of the clients/residents.
- Assist in the healing process by developing appropriate RICH® (Respect, Information, Connection and Hope)relationships with those served.
- Follow Universal Precautions when exposed to blood and body fluids.
- Follow Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) regulations pertaining to safety and the use of equipment/machinery.
- Support Maryvale’s Performance and Quality Improvement Plan and participate in discussion regarding department or program goals, data collection and/or analysis.
- Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services, The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for implementing the Agency’s philosophy, policies, and procedures within the mental health guidelines.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Residential case management department including timely and quality completion of all documentation (e.g. Needs and Services Plan, DMH documentation)
- Responsible for overseeing clinical interns/trainees and respective supervisory, supportive and training services. Ensure accurate and timely completion of BBS ACSW/MFTI supervision and documentation
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Services, ensure effective rehabilitative services in all residential programs.
- Ensures all clinical tasks including mental health/biopsychosocial assessments, referrals, linkage and related services are completed in the Emergency Placement Center (EPC) according to DMH and DCFS guidelines. In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Services, serve as an administrative liaison with outside agencies.
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Services, provide all departmental staff with trainings in accordance with current Department of Mental Health standards and Responsible for ensuring clients meet medical necessity, assessment/reassessment of treatment goals, treatment plan progress, and Department of Mental Health documentation standards are met.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking productivity standards for service delivery staff and providing monthly reports to the Senior Director of Clinical Services in conjunction with the Director of Quality Improvement. Ensures productivity is met by all billing staff under direct supervision. Attends administrative/management In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Services and the Director of Quality Improvement, attend the following meetings if indicated: ACHSA, Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement, Service Provider Area 3, Countywide QIC, Children’s Provider and Department of Mental Health trainings.
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Services and Director of Quality Improvement, responsible for ongoing tracking and review of documentation required under DMH Contract. This entails coordination of ongoing charts reviews, participation in various clinical meetings, paperwork tracking, and audit preparation.
- Responsible for reviewing budget request for therapeutic supplies, training and managing resources for the Mental Health Program. Track monetary expenses and provide original receipts to the business office for the Mental Health service delivery staff’s supplies and training.
- Serve on a rotating basis, as weekend on-call administrative staff person once a month.
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Services, coordinates psychiatric, psychological, and mental health services provided to the children.
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Services and Director of Quality Improvement to develop quality mental health treatment programs for children in the residential programs.
- Regularly meets with administrative and service delivery staff to evaluate the effectiveness of clinical/rehabilitative treatment provided to clients and families.
- In conjunction with the Director of Quality Improvement, attends initial mental health assessment meetings, CFTs, needs and services planning meeting and case conferences, unit meetings, and weekend planning meetings when feasible to evaluate the clinical effectiveness of the mental health services and treatment concerns.
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Services and the Director of Quality Improvement, develops and updates the Mental Health Department’s Manuals.
- In conjunction with the Director of Quality Improvement, responsible for ensuring the timely preparation and submission of reports related to the Mental Health Program.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the individualized service plans for the children.
- Monitor and observe the outpatient therapeutic interventions provided to the children within the field setting.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Participates in the recruitment, hiring, and disciplinary process for Mental Health Program staff.
- Completes Associate evaluations of Residential Therapists, Case Managers and Emergency Placement Center Social Worker.
- In conjunction with the Director of Quality Improvement, responsible for providing effective in-service training to staff as needed.
- Responsible for oversight of Residential Mental Health Department staff and Consultants accurate time-card/invoice keeping and submission of time cards/invoices each pay period.
- Responsible for communicating to various Departments when a mental health provider is out of the agency and ensuring a coverage plan is created.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring coverage plans are created prior to providing authorization for mental health staff time off requests.
- Responsible for reviewing and providing authorization for requests for reimbursement for trainings, departmental and therapeutic supplies, and other financial requests as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring clinical staff meets minimum billing productivity standards and DMH and DCFS documentation deadlines.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an approved graduate school.
- Licensed in California as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Psychologist for at least two years and able to provide clinical supervision to MFT and MSW Interns.
- Prefer at least five (5) years providing mental health services to children and adolescents, and three (3) years administrative supervisory experience. Knowledge and proven experience with DMH and DCFS documentation necessary.
- Excellent verbal skills are required to confer with administrative and professional personnel, to understand and interpret medical and psychiatric information, to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and education, and to train others.
- Numerical ability is required to understand and assist in preparing budgets and statistical data pertaining to the department.
- Maintain high degree of professionalism, maturity and interpersonal boundaries with both clients and direct reports.
- Possess a professional interest in working with other social service and health agencies to develop needed programs.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate various residential staff
- Demonstrative ability to work with a variety of people in situations varying from community and social service planning to disciplinary interviews with members of the staff.
- Must make decisions concerning procedures based on evaluations and interpretations of case histories.
- All associates, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agency. Therefore, each associate must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Providing mental health services to children and adolescents: 5 years (Preferred)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), orLicensed Psychologist (Required).
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative Supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- providing mental health services to children and adolescents: 5 years (Preferred)
- LCSW, LMFT, or Licensed Psychologist (Required)