Developed by doctors in sports medicine and physical therapy, Limber is a digital therapeutic app that helps individuals self-manage joint pain (e.g. low back, shoulder, knee pain) from the comfort of their home.
The app features a robust assessment, proprietary risk stratification, and personalized exercise therapy video programs guided on screen by an expert Physical Therapist (e.g. Peloton meets Physical Therapy). Limber's Chief of Physical Therapy is a world-renowned Physical Therapist, garnering 650,000+ followers on social media for his expertise in engaging exercise therapy.
The Limber app, currently on iOS and Android, is made available to individuals through partnerships with employers, providers, & health plans.
Limber is working with some of the nation’s leading providers, employers, & hospital systems. Limber is also recently completing a randomized, controlled clinical trial at the #1 rated hospital in the world, in which Limber was shown to be three times as effective as traditional Physical Therapy at reducing pain and improving function.
How the Limber app works:
1) Users with a joint injury, such as knee pain, first complete the onboarding assessment, developed by Limber’s team of doctors.
2) After learning more about the user’s specific injury and goals, Limber’s proprietary risk stratification matches the user to a personalized exercise therapy video program, which focuses on a scientific approach of restoring motion and advancing strength.
3) User begins their program from the comfort of their home on their own schedule. Each program includes a progressive series of engaging, easy-to-follow videos, guided on screen by an expert physical therapist (think Peloton meets Physical Therapy). The programs are led by Limber’s Co-Founder and Chief of Physical Therapy, a world-renowned Physical Therapist who also has 650,000+ followers on social media for his expertise in engaging exercise therapy.
4) Limber tracks progress and adjust the program accordingly based on industry-leading outcome measures.
5) Users are on the evidence-based path to reduce pain, resume normal activities, & minimize risk of future injury.
As our Lead Developer, you will be an invaluable early member of our team, ready and eager to make an impact on our company and those we serve.
You must be equal parts self-starter and team player. We are seeking a passionate, talented full-stack developer who is interested in taking on an impactful leadership role at a young and quickly growing startup in the health and wellness industry.
- Immediate impact of your work
- Work directly with the founders and become a member of the early team
- Build technical team around you
- Change lives through a mission-driven health company
- Make a significant impact at a young and growing startup that is partnering with some of the world’s leading health systems, providers, & employers
- Partner with product lead on roadmap, direction, level of effort estimation
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Honor timelines and communicate when faster or slower
- Triage bugs and conduct root cause analysis on issues
- Agile iteration if tests and analytics are proving a product feature is working especially well or poorly
- Lead custom integration projects with large employers, health plans, & health systems
- 3+ years experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Proven track record of developing full applications start-to-finish, solving open-ended problems
- Experience in building software and selecting tools that follow HIPAA regulations
- Experience and interest in machine learning technologies
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, self-motivate, and own projects end-to-end
- Eager to make an impact at a young company addressing an important problem
- Good UX sensibility and understanding of user testing and gathering feedback
- Passion for health and wellness
- Native iOS App (Swift)
- Native Android App (Kotlin)
- Serverless (TypeScript)
Personal and interpersonal strengths in:
- Persistence and follow through on commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements. Tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Curiosity & Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Passionate and purpose-driven. Believes in the mission and vision, particularly when or if things get hard.
- Professionalism: Acts with courtesy, authenticity, compassion, professionalism.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Full Time Opportunity: