Research Scientist I – Chemical Development in Albany, NY
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist I is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by developing and optimizing processes for the production of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
- Synthesize known compounds efficiently using literature or in-house notebook procedures.
- Purify reaction mixtures by chromatographic, crystallization, and distillation techniques as appropriate.
- Analyze reactions and compounds using a range of modern separation and spectroscopic techniques including TLC, HPLC, IR, and NMR
- Conduct literature searches for specific target compounds, structures related to the target compound, or to determine specific conditions for compounds and reactions.
- Optimize the reaction processes for scale-up by making appropriate modifications of known methods or modification of reaction conditions under the supervision of a senior chemist.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree with Chemistry major or equivalent experience
- 1–2 years’ hands on laboratory experience
- Experience in following written experimental procedures and keeping a laboratory notebook
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to effectively present information to colleagues, customers, and management
- Strong knowledge of organic chemistry and the drug development process
- Experience in working in an organic chemistry laboratory
- Ability to conduct literature searches and extract relevant data
- Ability to interpret NMR, HPLC, and other common laboratory data
- Basic mechanical skills as they apply to working in a laboratory setting (e.g. instrument maintenance, equipment set-up)
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.