Performs various routine-to-moderately complex bookkeeping and clerical work to ensure efficient and effective school fiscal operations. Provides assistance to supervisor, co-workers, students and the general public as required.
- Obtains price quotes and verifies available funds for equipment, supplies and materials; prepares electronic purchase orders; processes invoices for payment.
- Communicates with vendors as needed to obtain pricing and availability information, expedite orders and resolve billing discrepancies.
- Manages the use of procurement cards and electronically reconciles transactions in the card management program.
- Collects, receipts, records and deposits various school revenues; prepares billing invoices as required; maintains individual accounts as assigned, including pupil activity accounts.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date ledgers and other financial records; prepares periodic financial reports as required by the school and district; balances imprest account bank statements.
- May perform routine bookkeeping and reporting duties for assigned grants.
- Processes reimbursement requests, travel vouchers, travel requests, etc.
- Records the receipt of equipment and supplies electronically.
- Prepares records for internal and external audits.
- Orders, dispenses and takes inventory of school supplies.
- Assists supervisor and other department staff by performing a variety of clerical duties, which may include but are not limited to typing routine reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, collating materials, sending and receiving faxes, maintaining logs and lists, processing daily mail, distributing staff paychecks and direct deposit notifications, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with a variety of individuals and groups, which may include the immediate supervisor, other school administrators and staff, district staff, students, parents/guardians, sales representatives, various outside organizations and professionals, and the general public.
- Performs computer data entry to record and retrieve information; generates spreadsheets and other computer reports as required.
- Answers telephone to provide information, take messages, or transfer calls.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal, Chief Officer, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
- High school diploma or GED
- Five years of bookkeeping experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to use the Internet for research applications. Minimum of 60 wpm. Database management skills are desirable. Must possess working knowledge of common office equipment, such as fax, copier, calculator, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
1.Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
2.Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
3.Speak and hear.
4.Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
5.Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
6.Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, technology equipment, computers, and/or controls.
WORK PLACE EXPECTATIONS:
1.Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
2.Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
3.Have regular and punctual attendance.
4.Follow all District policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
DAYS PER YEAR:
To Be Determined
Paid on the Classified Staff Salary Schedule - LEVEL 107
Must apply online by completing a "Classified" application and adding this specific job to your online application.
EMPLOYEE'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT STATEMENT:
1. I have reviewed the above position description and understand its contents.
2. I am aware that my position description may be revised or updated at any time and once notified of changes, I remain responsible for knowledge of its contents.
3. I hereby certify that I possess the physical and mental ability to fulfill the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodation(s). If I require accommodation(s) in order to fulfill any or all of these functions, I agree to provide information to the District regarding the requested accommodation(s).
Employee's Name (Print):
THE BEAUFORT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER