About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 185 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington DC and Tempe, Arizona.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive-level administrative support to the CEO and Director of Human Resources, with additional support to other members of the corporate management team as needed. The candidate must have the ability to work independently and handle matters of a highly confidential and sensitive nature. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and diplomacy skills, and a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities while making decisions in a fast-paced environment is required.
- CEO Schedule and Meeting Facilitation - Manage CEO schedule, including the planning and timely notification of meetings and appointments, providing any pertinent informational material in advance. Use independent judgement in setting priorities and proposing alternatives to meetings.
- Meeting Communication – Proactively assist in preparation of meeting materials (i.e., agenda, presentation, etc.).
- Writing/Correspondence - Create memorandums, correspondence, documents and reports, usually from rough draft, and edit for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Organization – Organize workload to comply with deadlines and priorities.
- Board Package – Prepare quarterly Board of Directors Meeting package. Assist in preparing the agenda and documents for the package from board members and advisors.
- Event Coordination - Coordinate events including conferences, learning sessions, office events, and celebrations. Participate in the selection of venue and vendors within approved budget.
- Travel - Manage travel arrangements and process expense reports.
HR Director Support
- Experienced Recruiting - Assist with job postings, interview coordination, hiring process, reference and background checks, and maintenance of accurate hiring records to meet compliance requirements.
- Campus Recruiting - Maintain relationships with campus career center liaisons, order recruiting materials, coordinate registrations at career fairs and on-campus events, coordinate internal recruiting events, and keep internal campus ambassadors informed.
- Onboarding - initiate onboarding processes, coordinate new employee orientation, and assist departmental leaders with onboarding and training plans.
- Professional Development - process professional and licensure/certification requests, maintain accurate professional development records in HRIS, and purchase and maintain library of study materials.
- Training- schedule and coordinate new and recurring training events, prepare event materials, reserve training venues, and communicate with attendees.
- Performance Management - assist with the performance management process including the creation and distribution of performance management materials and address questions from management and employees related to the process.
- HRIS - maintain records to ensure accuracy and timely editing of employee records in Paylocity and Deltek to include applicant tracking, onboarding, compensation, performance management, learning management, and analytics.
- Compliance - partner with Director of Human Resources to develop policies, update the Employee Handbook, communicate policies, and consult with management and staff at all levels to interpret and clarify policies and procedures as they apply to individual employee circumstances. Maintain personnel files.
- Other - Collect and analyze a variety of data for internal and external use, compose appropriate reports for management and/or workplace award or certification submissions.
- Experience working with highly confidential information and situations. Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion in all employee relations matters.
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, preferably in a professional services environment and with C-suite experience.
- Experience supporting a Human Resources team is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office Products as necessary. Regular use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Deltek Vision, and other internal systems.
- Demonstrate strong time management skills and ability to coordinate and prioritize projects and assignments with little supervision. Must be self-directed and detail-oriented in completing projects and tasks.
- Strong communication and listening skills required. Ability to compose, write, edit, and proofread a variety of general business correspondence and management reports.
- Recognition and appreciation for all employees and the services they provide to our clients.
- High standards of professionalism; sets an example and exhibits behaviors for others to emulate.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations with a distinctive culture.
- An employee-ownership mindset.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- A sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Encourages collaboration and actively solicits the ideas and opinions of others.
- Ability to manage challenging issues and handle conflict appropriately.
Why Work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) and ESOP.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.