As a Build Engineer you work with Software Developers to ensure our products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. This requires scripting and coding with an eye toward scalability as we are pushing updates and iterating on all of our products. We are looking for an individual interested in improving development experience and contribute to rolling out faster and better applications to Costco Travel members. Our vision is to continuously improve build and configuration management tools as well as best practices to meet needs of scaling applications as well as growing engineering teams.
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
- Supports and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and deployment automation.
- Leads the way by staying up to date with tools and technologies to increase efficiency and reliability of CI/CD, as well as own their administration and maintenance.
- Manages release branches as well as maintain the build process to support continuous integration.
- Investigates and debugs engineering/build failures and driving improvements.
- Designs and develops solutions to improve developer experience and code velocity to production.
- Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
Experience, Skills, Education & Licenses/Certifications:Required::
- Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
- Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management.
- BA/BS Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems such as Puppet, GIT, TFS GIT and TFS SVC.
- Experience in administration and usage of continuous integration and build tools and scripts such as Ant, Maven, Graddle and Jenkins.
- Experience with scripting languages Groovy, PowerShell, cmd and shell.
- Experience setting up, configuring and maintaining Tomcat.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a close team environment.
- Designing build and deployment architecture supporting the needs of complex web applications.
- Ability to translate team requirements to code implementation of tools.
- A passion for being part of a team willing to self-assess in order to continually find better ways to do things.
- Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.