Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Housekeeper is to ensure the areas of the hotel they are assigned are cleaned to Circus Circus standards. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Circus Circus policies, practices and procedures.
- Supervise Housekeeping employees and Floor Supervisors to ensure they adhere to and enforce company and department goals for the health and welfare of the guest and the property.
- Actively promote and deliver guest service consistent with the company’s core standards and brand attributes.
- Assist in creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Ensure employees are conforming to the sanitation requirements of local health laws and OSHA regulations.
- Meet daily written and visual inspections as assigned.
- Evaluate, praise, and discipline housekeeping employees when necessary.
- Assist in the interviewing, hiring, and training of employees.
- Completes a daily summary and maintains records including work orders and repairs needed.
- Ensure paperwork is correct and the proper amount of units/credits is completed by each employee in their assigned area.
- Handle special projects as assigned along with normal daily assignments.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Able to perform basic math.
- Working knowledge of radios, blackberries and phones.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Worked varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computer programs, such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements.
- Working knowledge of HotSos, LMS AS400.
- Previous experience working in Housekeeping department.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.