Full-Time/ PRN (Nights)
Want above average pay?
Are you an LPN who is passionate about delivering quality care to your patients? Do you work well within a team environment and appreciate working within a strong, and supportive culture, and one where you, and your work are respected and appreciated? Are you looking for exciting work in a safe, secure and challenging environment? If so, we would like to meet you!
CorrHealth is comprised of industry professionals with many years of hands-on experience providing quality, professional and compassionate comprehensive inmate medical, mental and ancillary healthcare programs and services within safe and secure environment. We are a new company with combined 30 years of healthcare experience in correctional environments. Our core-foundation is built on INTEGRITY, COMPASSION, ALWAYS DOING RIGHT while delivering THE BEST QUALITY OF CARE for our patients. Come join our Team and grow with us!
CorrHealth has an exciting opportunity for a full time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our healthcare team. This is a Full-Time position (40 hours per week). We are also hiring for PRN and part-time positions.
Under the direction of the RN, the LPN is responsible for carrying out a variety of procedures and duties by careful planning, working proactively and responding to a range of physical and mental health needs. LPNs will work within the appropriate scope of practice as outlined by the New Mexico’s Board of Nursing and within the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurse.
Responsibilities will include:
CorrHealth’s Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the New Mexico Board of Nursing for Licensed Practical Nurses. CorrHealth’s LPNs are responsible for…
- Participate in CorrHealth’s initial orientation and ongoing training program
- Provide safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered to our patient population
- Function under the site’s RN and communicating critical data to the Administrator, RN, MD, or the Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Understand and function within policies and procedures, protocols and standard operating procedure (SOPs)
- Implement, and support patient education based on established orientation, training and ongoing training plans
- Administer patient’s medications on a scheduled and timely manner
- Implement the plan of care as ordered by CorrHealth’s Provider
- Administer medications and treatments per the provider's order
- Assist in evaluations by obtaining objective and subjective data
- Documents any, and all encounters accurately and thoroughly either in paper chart or EMR
- Triaging and assessing health care requests
- Specimen collection as ordered by the facility provider
- Ensuring tasks, activities and functions assigned to others can safely be performed by the person receiving the assignment based on their educational preparation (certification and licensure)
- Provide direct patient care as dictated by policy and procedures
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program and be currently licensed as a Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certificate,
- Remain knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice,
- Satisfactory completion of initial orientation, ongoing training and clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as an LPN.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and licensed in New Mexico
- One (1) or more years clinic experience preferred (new graduates are encouraged to apply)
Licenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Current CPR certification,
- Must obtain, and maintain a security clearance throughout the course of employment,
- Veterans are encouraged to apply,
- New Graduates are encouraged to apply.
This position will require a background check, security clearance, and/or a drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
- healthcare: 1 year (Required)
- correctional: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bernalillo, NM (Preferred)