Senior Engineer (Production Engineering) – Houston
The world’s leading companies start with Watlow. Watlow®, a privately-owned company, is the industry leader in the design, manufacture and integration of complete thermal systems including electric heaters, temperature sensors, temperature controllers, power controllers and supporting software. At Watlow, we are constantly driven to do more to help our customers. We take on big technical challenges. From single components to high performance systems, we bring our thermal expertise to numerous applications, including semiconductor processing, energy processes, diesel, foodservice equipment, life sciences and others
Overview of Role:
The Production Engineering Subsystem in the Technology & Development Organization is seeking a Senior Engineer to be part of the Team that is responsible for the development and deployment of new Manufacturing Systems, Processes, and Equipment that creates or extends Production Capability. In this role the Process Engineer’s primary focus will be to increase capability and capacity in the Energy Processes business and will be based in Watlow’s Houston location.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Working in collaboration with a New Product Development (NPD) Team, either individually or as a member of a broader project team, to leverage Manufacturing Engineering expertise and knowledge to create innovative and effective Manufacturing System solutions.
- Developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods, sequences, and tools.
- Performing Manufacturing Engineering activities in compliance with established company and manufacturing standards, engineering principles, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Collaborating with Product System Designers and Manufacturing Centers of Excellence (MCoE) Engineering teams to ensure that product, Manufacturing Processes, and Manufacturing Tooling designs are safe, effective, and efficient.
- Collaborating with suppliers (Internal and External) to develop effective component and Manufacturing System Specifications (hardware, software, data and communication protocols). May be called upon to recommend equipment and material to be used on new or existing Manufacturing Systems for Production.
- Collaborating with Engineering and Operations Leadership, NPD Teams, WCM Manufacturing Engineers, IT Function, and other Subject Matter Experts regarding manufacturing needs, capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations related to the development, deployment, and adoption of new or improved Manufacturing System capability.
- Routinely supporting the Exploration, Development, and/or Deployment of new or improved Process, Equipment, or Supply Chain capabilities.
- Leading projects of small to medium complexity in support of developing and deploying new Manufacturing System capability
- Technical BS degree (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering), MS preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive Manufacturing Engineering experience in Industry
- Demonstrated ability to understand, design and implement complex manufacturing systems and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement Lean Manufacturing production work centers and lines.
- Able to interpret and understand technical specifications, drawings and standards.
- Working knowledge of measurement systems, techniques and analysis, including basic GD&T understanding and tolerance stack-up calculations.
- Working knowledge of quality tools and statistical techniques used in manufacturing (i.e. FMEA’s, DRBFM’s, process flow maps, SPC, control charts, process capability, MSA, Gauge R&R, Operational Method Sheets, work instructions, RCCA’s, 8D’s etc.)
- Comfortable working in a fast pace, highly flexible, collaborative work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Additional success factors:
- Knowledge of welding methods and technologies, including understanding of the ASME code welding standards (Sections IV and VIII, Division 1) and the PED directive.
- Understanding of UL508A Standard for Industrial Control Panels
- Understanding of Hazardous area electrical ratings, including ATEX, IEC Ex d and Ex e
- Experience with handling medium to large, heavy mechanical components and assemblies.
- Understanding of Lean Product Development
- Experience in using SolidWorks Mechanical
- CNC machining and programming experience
Watlow thanks all those who apply.
Only those who are best qualified may be contacted for an interview.
Watlow is Equal Employment Opportunity Employer including Protected Veterans and Individuals