Explore the intersection of public policy and the judicial system, all from the comfort of your own home, and join National Capitol Contracting's (NCC) transcriber team.
NCC is looking for talented contract transcribers with an interest in the legal court system to support one of our most unique clients, by providing verbatim transcripts for a variety of recordings, including government hearings, investigations, and legislation. NCC offers its transcribers highly flexible working conditions, with 100% remote capabilities and no restraints on when you work.
Transcribers are compensated at $40.00 per audio hour. Candidates who have or can obtain a Public Trust Clearance (PTC) will be prioritized; upon receipt of a PTC, transcription rates can be as high as $45 per audio hour, with the potential to earn more supporting surge requests.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Be a US citizen or have an active working visa
- Ability to transcribe at least 3 hours of audio within a week
- Ability to transcribe in adherence to formatting standards
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance (we will guide candidates through the process)
- Ability to ensure all transcripts meet or surpass 98% accuracy
- Computer proficiency
- Must have a PC with Windows 7 or higher
- Microsoft Word
- Quality headphones
- Previously obtained a Public Trust Clearance
- Experience with AP, MLA, and/or Chicago Style formatting guidelines
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Prior transcription or court reporting experience
- WPM of 70 or higher
If you believe you have the talent and discipline necessary for this position, please apply here: http://www.nccsite.com/remote-transcription-opportunities
About the Company:
National Capitol Contracting has been providing transcription services to the federal government and the greater Washington D.C. area for more than 15 years. NCC has supported the customer for which we are recruiting for the past 7 years. Based on our past performance, the customer is excited to continue utilizing our services.
If are interested in learning more about our company, please feel free to visit our website: https://www.nccsite.com/