As the Manager of Brand and Thought Leadership, you will lead our global branding, thought leadership and internal communication efforts amplifying Invetech’s brand and stories for our customers and employees. Reporting to Invetech’s VP of Marketing, you will work closely with the rest of the marketing team to lead and execute the global brand and communication vision, including effective media relations strategies, social media, content and story development and execution.
We are looking for someone who has passion about telling our story and developing our brand further as we expand into new markets. This role covers key functions such as branding, storytelling, thought leadership, public relations and employee communications across multiple marketing channels. Invetech is a fast paced, dynamic environment full of smart people who have a passion for what they do. We are looking for someone who can keep up with the pace, set big goals and execute with passion and grit in a “roll up your sleeves” environment. As we have offices located in both San Diego & Melbourne, Australia, we are open to the role being performed in either location.
- Manage the Invetech Brand Platform and ensure the Invetech Brand is amplified and strengthened in new and existing markets across all marketing channels (including events, blog, website, social media, and company assets) and through our associates.
- Ensure a constant stream of company news and exciting content, including people stories, industry awards, customer success stories, surveys, etc. to grow the company’s digital and media footprint.
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR based on adding value to media outlets, journalists, social media and other content providers.
- Collaborate with employees across the company, including executives, to craft and pitch press releases, speaking engagements and thought leadership articles.
- Work closely with business groups and sales teams to develop an effective customer success stories program.
- Establish and ensure best practices across all writing, editing, design and visual presentation, including photography.
- Responsible for internal communications to amplify our brand and stories and ensure every employee can be Invetech’s brand ambassador. Create exciting ways to engage our associates around our purpose and values.
Required Skills & Competencies:
Attitude and personal qualities:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past combined experience in public relations, branding, corporate communications and content marketing with a strong focus in a B-to-B or technical environment.
- Experience in establishing and/or strengthening a brand with new audiences (such as markets, external stakeholders and employees).
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content that is creative and impactful.
- The ability to extract stories from people with different backgrounds (customers, engineering, executives in technical markets).
- Experience pitching, crafting, and placing content externally through guest blogging or op-ed development and experience with social media and event management to amplify the stories.
- Digital savvy (comfortable with digital marketing tools and social media)
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Creative, energized, proactive and enthusiastic team player who loves to work in a collaborative setting and gets things done.
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the self-confidence and ability to work effectively with marketing, sales, senior management and customers.
- Loves to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
There will be travel associated with this role, approximately 10-15% of the year. This may differ depending on the location at which the role is performed.