ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generally assigned a group of properties within our portfolio and works with Director of Property Accounting and CFO to set up the property within the required accounting system.
- Accounts Receivable: reviews all monthly adjustments to tenant accounts and posts all adjustments within the appropriate accounting system. Also reviews all tenant deposits entered for accuracy and posts those deposits within the appropriate accounting system. Prints aging as necessary for the property manager and assists with any tenant reconciliations as needed. May require extracting tenant leases and setting up new tenants in accounting software.
- Accounts Payable: reviews all invoice batches submitted by the property for accuracy and completeness, specifically reviewing the account coding, invoice amounts and correct vendor. Accountant is responsible for posting the AP batch in the appropriate accounting software.
- Monthly journal entries: Accountant will prepare all necessary journal entries required for each property, including any necessary accruals, reclasses, depreciation entries and amortization entries.
- Accountant must review general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure all activity is appropriately coded and classified. Accountant will work with property manager on any necessary accruals if the property is on Accrual basis.
- Bank Reconciliations: Accountant is responsible for reconciling all bank accounts associated with each property. Director of Property Accounting will review and approve all bank reconciliations.
- Financial Statements: Accountant will prepare and assemble monthly report package by property and will then be reviewed by Director, CFO and President. Accountant is responsible for delivering by appropriate method to Owner.
- Supporting Report Package: Accountant will be responsible for preparing all monthly reports and any additional excel schedules as required by Owner as part of the monthly report package.
- Yearly operating budgets: Accountant will assist Property Manager in preparation of yearly budgets.
- Escalations and CAM: Accountant will review yearly true up schedule of escalations and/or CAM, then will post the appropriate batch of adjustments to the tenant accounts.
- Loan Draws/Escrow Disbursements: Accountant will prepare any loan draws as required, preparing any necessary forms and obtaining necessary invoices as documentation.
- Communication: Accountant is responsible for good communication with Property Manager and with Owner of property which includes any accounting staff with Owner. Accountant is responsible for adhering to management agreement and maintaining a professional and fiduciary relationship with the owner.
- Audits/Tax Returns: Accountant is responsible for preparing any necessary client prepared schedules as required for any yearly audits and responsible for supplying any necessary information for tax returns.
- Cash Flow: Accountant will be responsible for preparing monthly cash flow if required by owner and submitting appropriate documents to owner requesting funds as necessary for operations of the property.
- Special Projects: Accountant may be asked to provide additional schedules and or projects as required by the Director of Property Accounting or CFO or property they support.
Peloton Commercial Real Estate (www.pelotoncre.com) is one of the leading, full-service, commercial real estate companies in Texas. The company is headquartered in Dallas and also has offices in San Antonio, Austin and Houston. The name Peloton represents a platoon, brigade or squadron – an elite group of competitive, motivated individuals working in unison, challenging each other to excel and achieving higher levels of performance as a group than is possible as individuals. Comprised of highly qualified, experienced professionals, Peloton utilizes its superior market expertise and a broad array of service offerings to effectively and successfully realize its clients' real estate goals, providing services to both individuals and institutions that currently own or lease commercial real estate or seek to.
Peloton Commercial Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company makes all employment decisions bases solely on talent and competence without regard to race, sex, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, age or any other basis unlawful by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: