Fox Valley Metrology is the leader in Full Service Calibration. We provide calibration support of precision measurement and test equipment to a diverse manufacturing base including, but not limited to: Defense, Aerospace, Medical, Semiconductor and Fortune 500 manufacturing organizations
In addition to performing calibration in several technical disciplines (Electrical, Physical/Dimensional, Force, Torque and Pressure) all calibration data and records are maintained internally utilizing our proprietary Supreme Metrology software.
We are currently looking for a talented Mechanical Calibration Technician based in the Twin Cities and surrounding area. This is considered a traveling position with work being done in the local area and surrounding states. Overnight travel is approximately 20%. This long-term position is anticipated to begin immediately.
Mechanical Calibration Technician Job Responsibilities Include:
- Perform depot level calibration, repairs, and verification of Force, Torque, and Pressure instrumentation as well as Optical Comparators, Hardness Testers, and Surface Plates.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare necessary documentation.
- Achieve above average customer satisfaction with timely turn-around of customer equipment and service
- Coordinate calibration/project activities with other departments and outside vendors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word as well as the ability to quickly adapt to other custom software platforms used in day to day calibration activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skill sets:
- Sound critical thinking skills, a strong customer service focus, and excellent communication skills.
- Strong mechanical background
- Strong understanding of Metrology concepts
- Ability to follow detailed calibration procedures
The qualified candidate will enjoy the following Benefits:
- Full Health and Dental
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Two Weeks PTO
- Company provided Vehicle, Laptop, Cell Phone
- Up to 5% Company Salary Matching is 401K Program
- Starting wage $14.00 to $20.00/hr. based on experience
- $1500.00 signing bonus upon completion of probationary period (Subject to terms)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Calibration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)