R.A.M. Healthcare Consulting Group, Inc. – Quality, Service, & Integrity
The team at R.A.M. Healthcare Consulting Group have over three decades of combined experience providing consulting services to hospitals throughout the United States. R.A.M HCG has built a solid reputation on providing superior customer service and client satisfaction. With quality, service, and integrity as our core values, we specialize in quality staffing for hospitals nationwide with a focus in CDI, Case Management/Social Work and Administrative Support roles. Our success begins with the right people—a highly trained staff and quality healthcare specialists. We are proud of our consultants and stand by them 100%. We also constantly invest in our staff and provide a great work environment and best-in-class benefits.
A Hospital client in Oakland, CA is looking for a Sterile Processing Tech. Responsibilities include:
- Sterilization methods including steam, ethylene oxide and plasma chamber
- Handling of sterile items
- General use, identification, care and assembly of surgical instrumentation
- Basic principles and methods of decontamination
- Performs activities and duties in decontamination, sterilization, case cart preparation, patient care equipment cleaning and distribution, and restock of crash carts and other house-wide specialty carts.
- Assembly of instrument sets & trays - error rate does not exceed stated standards- Four errors within a 30-day period- Eight errors within a 60-day period- Sixteen errors within a 120-day period- Twenty-four errors within a 180-day period
- Operation of sterilization equipment
- Decontamination of instruments and equipment
- Instrumentation assembly and preparation for sterilization
- Case cart preparation
- Issue supplies, instruments, and equipment as needed
- High School Diploma
- Graduate of an approved Sterile Processing program or Operating Room Technician program
- Equivalent combination of education and pertinent/directly related experience in Sterile Processing in an acute care hospital environment.
- Central Processing Technician certification from either CBSPD or IAHCSMM
- Completion of required externship in an acute care hospital performing instrument processing/handling functions
- 2 years of professional experience in acute care hospital
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) Preferred
R.A.M.HCG consultants receive the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- W-2 Employee Status
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Weekly
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Long-term and short-term assignments to fit your needs
To learn more about the position and/or R.A.M. Healthcare Consulting Group, please contact us or visit our website at www.ramhcg.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- acute care sterile tech: 2 years
Required license or certification: