Contingent on award of contract, AECOM is seeking two Assistant Critical Facility Managers to lead our new data center operations & maintenance business units in Northern Virginia.
+ Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
+ Hiring bonus may be available to qualified candidates outside of the commuting area.
These positions report to the Critical Facility Manager and works to develop and maintain close working relationships with business leaders/stakeholders throughout the organization.
The Assistant Critical Facility Manager is responsible for the overall critical infrastructure maintenance operation , including preserving the safety and well-being of our employees, safeguarding company funds and property, and generally representing the company with respect to the client.
This position ensures that established company goals are realized while maintaining client relations that will enhance future business, and has total responsibility for managing all aspects of the portfolio.
+ Manages training for employees.
+ Creates and manages employee work schedules.
+ Stays current on site procedures and monitors to ensure staff is current on processes.
+ Acts as back-up to Critical Facility Manager.
+ Works closely with all employees to ensure highest level of uptime to critical environment.
+ Communicates with third party vendor for pricing and PM work.
+ Maintains 24x7 operations of all critical building support systems (HVAC, Electrical, etc.)
+ Manages multiple subcontractors supporting the operations and maintenance functions
+ Develops budgets and manages expenditures
+ Manages all aspects of the contract with the client
Shows strong technical background and understanding of:
+ Technical knowledge of industrial electrical and mechanical systems with the ability to prioritize, assign, track and trend equipment history.
+ Managing through the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
+ Knowledge of reliability maintenance
Good customer relations and a client partnering mentality:
+ Acts with a sense of urgency to address issues and respond to internal and external customers.
+ Experience with developing and presenting key performance indicators.
+ Project continuous improvement, set goals and objectives and meet the schedule.
+ Exhibits confidence and positive attitude about the project and the Company.
+ Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills (e.g., conflict resolution, team builder).
+ Maximizes full use of company’s resources. Clearly understands the roles, responsibilities, authority, and accountabilities of each team member.
+ Delegates effectively.
+ Provides leadership to the operation insuring an accident free workplace. Walks the talk.
+ Ensures that the Plans are aggressively monitored and requirements are enforced.
+ Promotes employee development.
+ Uses technology tools to improve technician knowledge and certification.
+ Creates/maintains a succession plan.
+ Provides mentoring to team members as needed.
+ Demonstrates consistent, effective, and efficient written and oral communication skills (client, employees, suppliers, subcontractors, management, etc.).
+ Maintains consistent communication with management on key issues, potential client issues and approach to resolutions. Communications are frequent, complete, and frank. Problems are dealt with promptly and effectively.
+ Communicates with integrity and candor.
For more information, please contact Tracy Story at firstname.lastname@example.org !
Within AECOM, our group provides facilities and production maintenance services for our clients’ industrial, manufacturing, distribution, pharmaceutical, and commercial sites worldwide.
+ These are full-time, regular positions with AECOM that offer a full benefits package.
+ Check us out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gwbf-\_Jt-Q !
+ Come join our team!
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facility Management, Business Administration or a related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and experience in critical infrastructure maintenance.
2. In addition to education, 8 years of operations and maintenance experience in a data center, heavy industrial, or pharmaceutical / biomedical environment, including 5 years with supervisory responsibilities.
3. Must have an active or inactive US Government Top Secret Security/Sensitive Compartmented Information Clearance + Polygraph. If inactive, must have been active within the last 6 months and be able to obtain a Top Secret Security/Sensitive Compartmented Information Clearance + Polygraph within 1 year of hire.
+ Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
+ This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
+ This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
+ This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
+ This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
+ Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
+ Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
+ Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AECOM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
+ Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
+ Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
+ Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout diverse work environments as required by business demand.
+ Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movements.
+ Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
+ Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
+ Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
+ Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
1. Knowledge of data center infrastructure.
2. Progressive career experience in facility and/or process maintenance management.
3. Consistent demonstration of leadership and accountability to proactively identify potential problems or opportunities, analyze issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the optimum approach to mitigate problems or leverage opportunities.
4. Staff management experience, including disciplinary action, hiring, terminating, and performance appraisals.
5. Working knowledge of purchasing and/or utilizing and managing subcontracts and vendors.
6. Experience generating cost savings through multiple continuous improvement activities.
7. Experience utilizing a CMMS (computerized maintenance management system).
8. Experience developing and managing a large scale facility budget.
9. Experience in contract negotiation.
10. Certification or formal training from Facility Maintenance Organizations such as IFMA, AFE or BOMA.
11. Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
12. Experience in new business start-ups.
+ Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
_NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.