Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there's more need for Pure's technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We're building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we're looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out thecorporate fact sheet ( https://www.purestorage.com/content/dam/purestorage/pdf/PureStorage_FactSheet.pdf. ).
What You Will Be Doing
We're looking for an experienced project and program management professional who is driven to innovate as we build and transform Professional Services organization to deliver world-class services experience across the globe! The right candidate is highly organized and has proven ability to collaborate and drive action across functional groups, including technical services, finance, HR and operations. This individual will need to thrive on creating structure from ambiguity and can identify and manage interdependencies and overlaps. You are self-motivated, highly visionary, and have what it takes to challenge status-quo. This is a key position that requires strategic influence and a superiorly strong communicator. With this career opportunity, you will leverage your skills and project/program management experiences to help build strategic processes, methodologies and solutions in a growing Professional Services organization that deliver incredible results. This individual contributor role will report into the Professional Services Staff and Programs Team as part of the global Customer Experience organization comprised of Technical Services and Professional Services. Some key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage a detailed program plan that considers all requirements, constraints, resources, and deliverables associated with the defined objectives.
- Engage cross-functionally.
- Contribute information and recommendations to help in drafting strategic plan and set operational objectives.
- Prepare action plans to help achieve the planned goals and deadlines.
- Provide strategic input to executive, senior leadership, and other internal partners on all aspects of projects or programs being managed.
- Track and report project and program status on a consistent basis, including identifying, categorizing, and escalating project/program issues and risks that need leadership attention.
- Evaluate, measure, and report on strategic effectiveness and ROI for overall project and program efforts.
- Establish and maintain standardized processes, procedures, tools, training, and reporting functions related to projects and programs.
- Ensure that communicated and planned milestones and metrics (savings, cost, timing, etc.) are achieved, successfully managed and executed on schedule and on budget.
- Act as a liaison across geographies and with technical and non-technical audiences to communicate and ensure alignment to objectives. Surface key issues and changes which may impact expected business results.
- Leverage change management best practices to ensure the successful adoption of strategic initiatives.
- Effectively manage risk, partnering with colleagues to ensure the right decisions are made at the right time, appropriate communication occurs, and plans are intelligently adjusted to reflect necessary fluctuations in goals and requirements.
- Applies change, risk and resource management.
- Ability to present information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
What You Bring To The Team
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 10 years working in a project and/or program management role
- Minimum 3 years working in a technical services and/or customer support organization
- Previous experience working with a Professional Services or Technical Support team is a plus
- PMP certified is a strong plus
- Project hybrid ability and experience; ability to extend or modify methodologies to deliver
- Experience in multi-functional program management and/or strategy roles
- Ability to support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Superior oral and written communicator and facilitator across multiple levels and roles of an organization
- Proficiency with tools and systems to effectively manage projects and programs
- Track record of effective project and program management experience
- Expert in influence and negotiation, with deep understanding of effective change management
- Demonstrated experience being a champion for process or change, providing context and clarity, while minimizing overhead
- Ability to flourish with minimal or no supervision
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We're here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.