The responsibility of the Credit and Collection Analyst is to maximize collections while minimizing the day’s sales outstanding in their credit region. Monitor credit risk of each customer so as to minimize bad debts. The representative will also service customers by working with field representatives to resolve various credit- related customer issues.
- Collect all receivables in the portfolio assigned on a timely basis to improve cash flow. Generally, the goal is to not exceed 30 days beyond credit terms for all invoices. Extensive use of correspondence (email, telephone, letters and faxes) are utilized. Responsible for planning all collection activity and follow-ups. Constant monitoring of collections, adjustments, etc. to insure maximum collections.
- Obtain and interpret credit reports, financial statements and other financial or accounting related information related to the extension of credit. Conduct Bank and Trade references. Propose a Credit Limit based on your investigation.
- Monitor customer credit lines and credit line dates. All active customer credit files should have an approved credit line date not older than one year old.
- Maintain customer correspondence to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction. Daily customer communications are received/sent. All customer requests are handled in a prompt manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate collection notes in the operating system. These are the historical records of all collection activity and must be recorder as they occur.
- Assist credit manager to accomplish special projects as required.
- Assist in solving various problems with both customers and personnel in order to facilitate payment.
- College degree preferred preferably in Business or related comparable experience.
- Healthcare background preferred, SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and make quick decisions.
- Well organized, self starter, professional.
- Excellent communication skills; good Excel and Word skills necessary.
- Proficient in Excel and Word at an advanced level.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
- credit and collections: 3 years