- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
- Growing Experience
- Laboratory Experience
EITS Vision Revolutionizing the patient experience through innovation and technology.
EITS Mission Providing exceptional IT Services to support high-quality health care outcomes for our community.
Enterprise IT Services (EITS) is responsible for all of NYC Health + Hospitals’ information systems and technology infrastructure; providing comprehensive IT services and programs to support the organization. EITS manages over 1700+ applications, two parallel processing data centers, and infrastructure distributed across of 11 acute hospitals, 4 nursing facilities, 6 diagnostic and treatment centers, more than 70 community based clinics. The department is engaged in hundreds of initiatives, programs, and tactical projects every year to support the Corporation's goal and objectives, improve the patient care experience, meet growing healthcare reform requirements, and better position the organization for the future. A comprehensive governance process is in place to help the Corporation prioritize IT projects, and ensure alignment with strategic goals and objectives. In addition to implementing new technologies, EITS is responsible for maintaining the existing IT environment and sustaining day-to-day operations.
Epic Application Analyst must have previous Epic implementation experience. Epic Certification must be current or within prior release version. Individuals must have a strong background analyzing requirements gathered from clinical end users and other clinical stakeholders, creating BRDs, paper mock ups, flowcharts, project schedules and other tasks such as leading validation sessions and build. The right candidate will need the personality to assume ownership of a project, create guidance where there isn’t any and influence the direction if it is not correct. Strong written and spoken language skills are a must and a strong background in clinical healthcare technologies and processes is strongly preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work alongside with the Orders team and Laboratory staff as an analyst to design and maintain the system with the other teams
- Interview users, stakeholders, and sponsors to assess departmental needs to create Business, functional and technical requirements documents
- Develop documentation of test plans, technical documentation, release notes, end-user guides, training programs and/or other materials as necessary
- Decompose information gathered into details including sources of data, data types, users, user types, interface components, interface navigation needs, reporting needs, and administrative system needs.
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards
- Research industry practices; collect and analyze data; draw appropriate conclusions and recommendations; present results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids.
- Coordinate user groups and project teams, convening conference calls and meetings and maintaining minutes and follow-up logs
- Work collaboratively with Systems Analyst to develop designs, mockups and prototypes
- Communicate technical design issues to non-technical people
- Ability to work independently and as part of a fast moving team.
- Work within timeline and resource constraints provided by the Project Manager
- Provide ongoing communication with users, managers, corporate directors and vendors to assure support and current initiatives. QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ DEPARTMENTAL
- Bachelor’s Degree within related field
- Epic orders/orders transmittal certification (Preferred)
- Cerner lab Certification or equivalent work experience with Cerner (Preferred)
- Lab Analyst experience (Required)
- Bridges or other interface experience (Required)
- Healthcare IT experience with other EMR is (Preferred)
- Completed multiple go-lives, and at least one from (near) inception to completion
- Experience with an Epic implementation at a multi-hospital system, and/or a major academic medical center.
- Experience documenting system architecture design and clinical system workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, highly analytical, possess strong problem solving skills and must have a desire to be accountable for project success.
- Detailed knowledge of general phases of SDLC, project management methods
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a fast moving team
- Must be able to work at various locations when necessary along with working various shifts
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university and two years of experience analyzing and
- transforming information into business, clinical, and/or functional requirements in a clinical, allied health, non-allied health, behavioral health, information technology, information services, business, analytics or related area.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,725.00 to $65,587.00 /year
- Analyzing and Transforming inormation: 2 years (Required)