Full Job Description
PV Commercial Sales Manager
Aztec Solar is celebrating their 40th year in the solar industry and is growing rapidly. We look forward to you joining our experienced team. This position is based in the Sacramento Area. We are seeking experienced candidates who are motivated to grow a seasoned solar sales team in the commercial space.
As the PV Commercial Sales Manager, you will build a team of sales representatives to meet sales targets, produce profitable projects and grow the business. This role is critical in the development and implementation of the sales strategy, including identifying and securing strategic accounts. Responsibilities include developing the sales strategy with the executive management team, hiring and coaching an experienced sales team. Candidates must have a strong understanding of commercial utility rate schedules and technical solar sales.
- Develop and implement a sales process that can scale.
- Prospect, identify, and communicate with high-level decision makers in order to create new leads and ultimately cultivate new client relationships.
- Use effective communication with operations, engineering, project managers, and installation crews.
- Conduct site evaluations for potential customers.
- Ability to problem solve and proactively research potential concerns or issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Satellite Imaging software, PV design tools.
- Grow and maintain a large pipeline of opportunities and keep them up-to-date.
- Use our CRM to report on sales activity.
- Facilitate contract negotiations with potential clients.
- Incorporate business strategy into key activities and prioritize accordingly to reach sales goals.
- Stay abreast of all changes in the solar markets – including policy changes, competitor news, and market developments.
- Work closely with Senior Management on strategic initiatives the company should be considering including new product selection, channel relationships, and new business ventures.
- Attend all important industry trade-shows and seminars as identified by Management.
- Minimum of 10 years of successful B2B sales experience required.
- 5 years +experience in Solar Sales Management.
- Solar PV experience and knowledge required.
- Experience managing or selling to multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding and presenting financial analysis to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required; must be comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences as well as a clear and effective writer.
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills.
- Expertise on new solar industry products, applications, and system designs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple solar projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands.
Compensation will be salaried plus commission
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off