Manager, Payroll Services leads a staff of 8 employees performing US payroll operations, associated payroll accounting and payroll tax compliance for ABB, Inc. Over 9,000 ABB active employees are paid either weekly, semi-monthly or monthly. The manager initiates and/or coordinates and monitors multiple critical processes to successfully complete the payroll cycles each month.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships with our 3rd party payroll provider.
- Manages a team of individuals that supports the ABB US “service-bureau” business model for payroll services. These individuals provide subject matter expertise related to payroll operations and payroll tax.
- Ensures that US payroll services are delivered in accordance with all ABB policy directives and in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ensures that associated accounting transactions follow US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and ABB’s corporate accounting policy.
- Proposes and implements the strategic direction of the US Payroll Services organization.
- Accountable for delivering services within annual human resource and budgetary guidelines.
- Seeks to improve the internal control framework around the payroll process.
- Drives implementation of streamlined practices and processes across areas of responsibility which will result in cost reduction, improved internal control, process efficiency and excellent customer (employee) satisfaction.
- Recruits, retains and develops talented team members.
- Builds strong working relationships with various cross-functional groups throughout Human Resources.
- Assists with resource allocation and resolution of resource conflicts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of integrated, cross-functional business systems.
- Experience and proficiency with SAP HR/Payroll Modules and general ledger systems.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and other MSOffice applications.
- Demonstrated competence in team leadership, vendor supply management, relationship and consensus building and collaboration across multiple functions
- 10 years managing an end-to-end payroll or HR operation (servicing >5,000 employees) supporting a multi-state corporation.
- Human Resources systems and process / operational expertise.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit Corporate Function Global HR Services
Date posted 2018-08-14
Job Function Human Resources
Publication ID US66107735_E1