SCHOOL SISTERS OF NOTRE DAME CENTRAL PACIFIC PROVINCE
Job Title: Nursing Assistant - Day Shift, Full Time/ Part Time
CNA Not Required
*Full Time or Part Time Nursing Assistant openings on Day Shift.
*Every-other weekend and every-other holiday required.
*No Star System for staffing!
*Excellent staff-to-patient ratio!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of licensed nursing staff and in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, the Nursing Assistant provides basic care to residents, assisting the residents in all aspects of activities of daily living and personal care. The Nursing Assistant assists in maintaining resident rooms, community room, corridors, and other common areas in a clean and safe condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Integrate the mission of the School Sisters of Notre Dame in work environment
- Maintain positive relationships
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner
- Provide quality care to ensure comfort, safety and hygiene
- Follow infection control, safety policies and procedures
- Perform duties outlined in the employee training manual
- Know and carry out health care policies and procedures
- Assist residents with dressing, grooming, bathing, transfers, toileting etc. as needed to ensure comfort, safety, and hygiene · Attend resident care conference and implement all appropriate aspects of care plans
- Observe and report changes in a sister’s condition to nurse in charge
- Maintain an orderly and presentable office and work area at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned by nurse in charge
- Attend workshops, in-services and Hill employee meetings as required
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Nursing assistant registration preferred
- Six months long-term care nursing assistant experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Must be 16 years old
- Desire to work with the elderly
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other health care employees
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, and supervisor
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress
- Able to move intermittently throughout the workday
- Able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function
- Stand, walk, and run while caring for patients
- Bend or twist the body
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl
- Occasional exposures to body/blood fluids as required. Frequent exposure to chemical compounds of medication and treatment.
- Continuous exposures to hazardous chemicals such as disinfectants, cleansers, soap, etc. as identified by MSDS manual.
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move freely through the building, to assure resident safety at all times and to assist, transfer or otherwise move residents of facility out of danger in case of emergency.
- Stand and walk up to seventy-five percent (75%) of an eight (8) hour day to provide resident care
General office equipment, computer, fax machine, copy machine, office supplies, vinyl and latex gloves, hot/cold packs, linen, mechanical lifts, walkers, wheel chairs, bath lift, gait belt, commode, and other medical equipment.
JOB TYPE: Full time or Part Time. Day Shift (6:00am - 2:30pm) positions available.
BENEFIT ELIGIBLE: Yes
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS FOR FULL TIME POSITIONS:
- Employer sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance plans
- Long and short-term disability
- Holiday pay (after 3-months)
If you are interested in this position please complete an application at:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location