Accountant/Controller – Mt. Vernon, IL
A small manufacturing company in Mt. Vernon, IL, is seeking an experienced Accountant/hands-on Controller. The Accountant/Controller will be responsible for all accounting duties including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Month End Reporting, Inventory, as well as Human Resources duties.
Primary Responsibilities and Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Accounting responsibilities including general ledger accounting, month end and year end close, payroll administration. Arranges and oversees audits of company’s accounts, tracks and controls fixed assets and contracts, prepares financial reports for plant and ownership.
· accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, billing, collections.
· inventory controls.
· Responsible for plant Human Resources function in conjunction with Corporate Human Resources including, but not limited to temporary and full time hiring, ensuring that all company policies and processes in Employee Handbooks and Work Rules are adhered to, processing leaves of absence and workers compensation claims, benefit administration including health care, wellness programs, 401-K, open enrollment. Processing yearly bonuses and increases, establishing and maintaining relationships with temporary agencies and search firms, interviewing candidates, and providing hiring information to corporate, maintaining employee files.
· Budgeting analysis and reporting including preparing reports summarizing and forecasting company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earning based on past, present and expected operations. Directs preparation of budgets proposals, and prepares necessary documentation and justification.
· Develop and maintain relationships with vendors.
· Responsible for Sales Tax processing.
· Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs and policies. Provides management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
· Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
· Maintains relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
· Year End audit for this location.
The ideal candidate will present the following qualifications:
· B.S. in Accounting preferred. Minimum of at least an Associates’ degree in Accounting.
· CPA or CMA would be a plus, but not required.
· At least 2 years Accounting experience
· Manufacturing environment experience would be a plus, but not required.
· HR experience a plus
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Computer proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, and computerized accounting software.
· Knowledge of budgetary process, inventory valuation
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently without supervision
· Acute attention to detail, exceptional organization skills, multitask oriented, and strong work ethic.
· Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Insurability must be consistent with the requirements of the company held insurance policy.
Our Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
(All responses will be held in strict confidence)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location