The Brand Expert is the in house authority on a specific brand who consistently role models a best in class service experience while helping customers and training associates. They use their brand expertise, customer service and creat awareness of brand related trends to drive personal and team sales. Perform other duties as assigned.
Dillard’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times,Dillard’s may work additional hours during holiday season and Key events we will have during the year.
As a Beauty Expert (Driving Results) Be a product educator and beauty enthusiast.
- Has advanced expertise and authority on a specific brand.
- Show the customer how to apply products or achieve desired "looks".
- Introduce customers to beauty products and build a rapport to identify hidden needs.
- Self-motivated to stay current on brand related product knowledge and beauty trends.
Connects the business priorities of a specific brand to the daily activities of all associates.
- Understand how brand training, events and product strategies drive sales.
- Communicate regularly with specific brand vendors and store leadership customer preferences and special events.
- Understand product strategies by Quarter/Season and provide clear direction to drive sales.
- Reviews and analyzes business performance of daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual sales results.
- Review associate productivity levels and provide coaching and feedback.
As a Role Model
Inspires teamwork to achieve brand sales goals.
- Builds trust and fosters teamwork across the entire Beauty department.
- Clearly models behavior and articulates activities that support elevating the customer experience.
Models a curiosity to learn that drives both self and team development.
- Fosters an environment of continuous learning through personal behaviors, product demonstrations and peer to peer learning.
- Remains up to date with all training from designated brand.
- Attends all brand specific schools and webinars as needed.
Promotes strong team engagement and encourages recognition.
- Recruit, train, coach, motivate, and develop associates on company policies, procedures, product knowledge, and team/individual productivity goals.
- Trains Beauty team on brand basics and products. Supports onboarding internal and external new team members.
Elevates the customer experience by both role modeling customer centric behaviors that drive individual and team sales.
- Empowers team by asking questions, listening, and soliciting ideas that can elevate the customer experience.
- Partners with Sales Manager Experience Leader to bring ideas to elevate the customer experience.
- Create an event with inviting clients back to provide new service and introduce new products.
- Foster a culture that is customer centric across the Beauty dept.
Understands how brand training, events and product strategies drive sales and increase customer traffic in the store.
- Partner with Beauty Leadership to execute brand related events based on the marketing calendar to achieve sales plan.
- Build a personal clientele. Leverage company technology to stay connected to clientele.
- Communicate regularly with vendors, merchants and planners regarding stock needs. Replenish stock as needed.
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs).
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of one year of previous selling experience required, preferably in Cosmetics.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret general business reports and labels including warnings and ingredient lists on products. Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to customers, vendors, buyers, peers, and all levels of management.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator and calculate percentages.
Job Type: Full-time