- BA/BS degree in computer science, management information systems, computer engineering, informatics, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in technical program management, software development, technology risk management, IT audit, information security, and/or compliance
- Experience in performing technical assessments services and/or infrastructure
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented manager – ability to motivate, lead, and manage diverse teams
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Amazon is seeking a manager to lead technical assessments of internal and customer-facing Amazon Web Services. Our primary mission is to perform independent and objective assessments of services for operational risks, surface risks to service owners and leaders, and drive long term mitigation.
As a manager of tech assessments, you will lead the planning, scoping, execution, and reporting of audits based on identified risks. You will also assist in risk assessments and developing audit strategies and establish relationships with senior leaders across the services, finance, and legal. Assessment scope may include identity and access management, key management, data security/privacy, service monitoring, release management, and service availability.
You will provide consultative support to service teams and their partners to identify opportunities for control improvements with the objective of mitigating risk and improving compliance and operational performance. In this capacity, you will gain valuable exposure to many areas within our global business. You will lead people, direct meetings, and be a champion for positive change.
This position will challenge your current understanding of AWS services. You will have a broad technical background and the ability to learn new technology concepts quickly. You will be a strong leader who is known for diving deep into subject matter, taking ownership, and encouraging innovative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems. In addition, you will have solid business judgment, enthusiasm for risk management, executive presence, and the capability to drive a fast-paced organization to the right results.
This position will be based out of Seattle and may require up to 20% travel, including some international travel.
- Hand-on experience operating AWS services
- Demonstration of innovative audit approaches in non-traditional IT environments (cloud)
- Experience and proficiency in public speaking
- Experience leading risk assessments and defining audit roadmaps
- Graduate or advanced degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation