The HR Business Partner has the oversight of the operational Human Resource function at Fiesta Mart,
which is comprised primarily of staffing, training, employee relations, performance management, and
compensation. The tasks of the position have the ultimate objective of balancing operational support with
working on behalf of Fiesta’s associates.
- Maintain a current knowledge of state and federal laws regarding human resources activities.
- Help establish and coordinate the implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
- Maintain a comprehensive process manual for HR Operations to be used as an internal guide as
well as a training mechanism for human resources professionals.
- Provide guidance as support and counsel to stores.
- Provide direction, guidance and counseling to associates and management regarding resolution of
associate-related problems. Apply policies and procedures to associate performance to identify
gaps and assist in documenting performance deficiencies and developing action plans for
- Coordinate with Regional Directors to assess management staffing needs.
- Partner with Regional Directors and Sr. Human Resources Manager to identify next level leaders;
assist with developing a pool of qualified leaders.
- Review associate and management performance evaluations for corporate.
- Identify management and personnel coordinator development needs; recommend training.
- Partner with Learning and Development to identify and develop external candidates for next level
- Investigate associate grievances/complaints, including harassment complaints, and make
recommendations to appropriate management for resolution.
- Investigate and respond to EEOC charges.
- Conduct periodic surveys with associates, clarify areas of misunderstanding, and address
- Attend unemployment hearings with Corporate Managers and Store Directors as needed.
- Process pay evaluations for Corporate/Stores as needed.
- Process expense reports for Human Resource Operations department.
- Participate in company-wide communication initiatives as needed.
HR Business Partner
3/4/2019 11:54 AM
Page 2 of 2
Secondary Job Duties:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all data encountered in work environment.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or business related area
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources
- PHR certified preferred
- Spanish is a plus
- Experience investigating and responding to EEOC charges
- Retail experience or related field is a plus
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%, Continuously- 67-100%
- Occasionally-Carrying up to 10 lbs., pushing and pulling up to 25 lbs., lifting up to 10 lbs., climbing up
to 6 foot height, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and smelling.
- Frequently- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on tile/concrete, bending, and reaching waist/overhead
Safety Risk Factors:
- Continuously-Sitting, manual dexterity, talking, seeing, and hearing.
- Occasionally-Loud noise, slippery floor surface, hazardous equipment, contact with sharp objects,
contact with skin irritant, toxic exposure (see Material Safety Data Sheets), nuisance dust, fumes,
sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Frequently-Twisting of back and neck, and cluttered floor surface.
- Working environment involves inside office environment with controlled temperatures and protection
from weather conditions.
5444 Westheimer Rd Houston, TX - 77056
000 Fiesta Corporate Houston