Lead Frontend Software Developer
Aliya Financial Technologies & Analytics (AFTA) Position Description
JOB TITLE: LeadSoftware Developer (Front End)
FUNCTIONAL DEPARTMENT: Technology Group (IT)
REPORTS TO: CTO
A rare opportunity for a Lead Front End Software Developerto join a growing machine learning and big data analytics organization has become available in the Greater NY Area. This is an excellent opportunity to work on exciting projects that are vital to the company's expansion.
As a Senior Developer you will work with engineering leadership to design, develop and maintain software required to meet Aliya's business objectives. You'll work across a broad spectrum of systems from micro-services to distributed data analytics and cluster computing as is required to fulfil business requirements. The culture is technology-drive, high-energy and entrepreneurial. We have an open office environment that encourages interaction, communication, and collaboration.
- Able to influence product and interface concepts from their earliest stages.
- Able to write client-side code to create fast, responsive, future-friendly web applications.
- Fluent with data, and able to make good decisions when data needs to be prepared and visualized in the browser.
- Comfortable enough in your craft to optimize existing web applications, based on test data, analytics, or human insights.
- Familiar with test driven development and good engineering practices.
- Independent enough to work on small scale projects gathering requirements, prototyping, and laying down the foundations of good software.
- Capable of communicating and collaborating on larger, longer-term projects involving interdisciplinary
- 4+ years experience in front-end web development
- 2-3 years experience Angular.js, Angular5
- A understanding of the Node.js based tooling like Webpack, NPM, Babel, ExpressJS, etc.
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills
- 2 Years experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- 2 Years experience working successfully with local and remote team members
- Minimum travel expected
- Local, or willing to relocate to Greater NY area
Full-time employee benefits
- Medical: United HealthCare Standard with no annual deductible (100% employer paid) for individual employee and family
- Dental: MetLife Enhanced (100% employer paid)—annual deductible of $50 (individual) & $150 (family)
- 401(K): 3% employer match
- Group Term Life Insurance (up to 2x annual salary)
- Short Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Vision: VSP UHC Standard
- ADP Commuter benefits (pre-tax contribution)
- United Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- MetLife Critical Illness coverage
- Hyatt (MetLife) Legal Plan coverage
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $90,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Angular: 2 years
Required work authorization: