McGrath Clambakes & Catering www.riclambake.com ~
Position Available ~ Event Coordinator
Job: Event Coordinator
McGrath Clambakes, Inc. * Newport, RI
Job Profile: Seeking administrative and on-site coordination for the busy Special Events Department.
Compensation is based upon experience
Opportunity: For a detail oriented professional with a great attitude to work in the hospitality industry.
Job Description: Oversee various aspects of catering corporate events and weddings ranging in size from 20 to 1000+ including:
- interacting and meeting with clients to discuss their needs
- planning menus and event sheets in consultation with chef
- scheduling and creating event checklists for staff
- being present at events to act as liaison between client and staff, manage event timeline to ensure successful execution of function
Job Requirements: Ability to work with multiple clients at one time
Ability to work nights and weekends
Respond to client phone calls and e-mails in a professional manner
Capable of problem solving
Represent company at industry events
Manage staff as well as the needs of clients
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Experience in Event Planning or Catering Sales is a plus, however, necessary training will be provided.
High level of professionalism
Self-motivated and dependable
Ability to work under pressure, must be organized and detail oriented
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook experience a must!
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Company is committed to following all COVID-10 guidelines and precautions.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newport, RI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Events management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations