Veterans Florida seeks a creative and talented Web Developer who will be responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining Veterans Florida’s online web presence and automated workflows. The Web Developer will report to the Executive Director and support the Communications and Programs teams and Board of Veterans Florida.
- Employ and stay up-to-date on the latest tools in cloud-based web development
- Plan and develop a back end database and front end user interface that is “user friendly” for Veterans staff workflow and website end users; should be accessible via mobile application(s)
- Build new pages for Veterans Florida website, microsites for campaigns and landing pages
- Work closely with Communications, Programs, and Grants staff to maintain up-to-date information on the website
- Provide general technical support for Board and staff
- Two years' experience as a web developer or similar position
- Demonstrated experience working with senior level executives
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and to explain technical subject matter to a non-technical audience
- Deep understanding of connecting various applications through APIs
- A veteran of the US Armed Forces or current member of the Florida National Guard.
- Bachelor’s degree: Preferably in information systems, programming or a similar field of study
- Experience with cloud-based work-productivity software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outreach, follow up, and team-building skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Organization and planning
- Strategic thinking
- Problem analysis, diagnosis, and solving
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Salary: Up to $60,000 per year
Veterans Florida offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Employer Sponsored Health Insurance
- Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
About Veterans Florida:
Veterans Florida is a non-profit corporation created by the State of Florida to help veterans transition to civilian life. Veterans Florida provides tools for veterans to take advantage of the benefits of living and working in the Sunshine State.
Veterans Florida lives by the values of Integrity, Service, Caring, Commitment, and Excellence, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and actively seeks veteran employees under Florida’s veterans’ preference.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year