Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to blue.
Proposal Development Services (PDS) supports the Sales and Account Management teams with the completion of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), industry surveys, local and regional analyses and reports, and the production of other general sales proposal materials.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Proposal Development Services, the Developmental Editor/Knowledgebase Manager supports the PDS team and Sales and Account Executives by performing a developmental edit on all answers provided by subject matter experts and stored in PDS’ database management system as well as on all proposal submissions produced by the PDS Proposal Development Managers. In addition, this position functions as system administrator for PMAPS, the database management system used by PDS. This position also assists in the hardcopy production of any RFP materials, if needed.
- Developing well-written, accurate and relevant database content that complies with all RFP as well as Blue Cross style requirements.
- Ensuring responses have a consistent tone or voice, exhibit plain language, reflect the Blue Cross story, and succinctly and accurately answer the question.
- Working collaboratively with the PDS team and interdepartmentally to collect data from disparate sources to respond to RFPs and RFIs, ensuring all new content is captured and that SMEs update expired content on a timely basis.
- Proactively looking for new/updated content to keep the database up to date.
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly and producing monthly workload reports for PDS senior manager.
- Working with IT personnel to prepare for all new PMAPS releases and updates, including successful testing and installation, managing protocols governing PMAPS access and security and writing database documentation, including PMAPs standards and procedures for the PDS Process Manual.
- Maintaining the PDS site on SharePoint and acting as first contact for the SharePoint collaboration functions within RFP documents.
(Knowledge, skills & abilities)
- BA or equivalent experience required
- 3 to 5 years prior experience writing and/or editing, preferably in healthcare
- Strong written and verbal skills and can communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to self-manage work schedule to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously