IT Support Specialist (Mid-Level)
Chinese Hospital is looking for a Mid-Level IT Support Specialist with strong communication, organization, and technical skills. Primary responsibilities include providing 1st and 2nd level technology support for our Medical Provider Offices and Clinics in our San Francisco Locations on a variety of hardware and software. This person will provide technology support for these offices including travel to these locations as needed. The candidate will participate in firm and department technology initiatives as needed.
- Perform all duties meet all PCI/HIPAA/PH compliance standard.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes service requests received via telephone, email, and in-person for users’ computer performance.
- Interfaces with end users to acquire, move, add, or change desktop / laptop hardware and software systems and ability to independently analyze the customer requirements and develop appropriate solutions to meet expected service levels.
- Test and implement new software programs for the company.
- Troubleshoot basic networking issues.
- Support printer/scanner setup and troubleshoot printing/scanning issues.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
- Logs and tracks issues using company ticketing system, and maintains history records and related problem documentation
- Diagnose computer problems and make repairs and perform equipment upgrades.
- Develop training resources and opportunities for employees, conduct training programs as needed.
- Document all information technology assets (hardware, software, licensing agreements, etc.) and maintain a resource center of manuals, reference and training materials.
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC, software, and operating and system management systems.
- Keep peers / manager informed of trends, significant problems and delays, customers informed of global problems or scheduled downtime, and customers updated on status of reported problems or projects
- Ensure the timely resolution or escalation of assigned Helpdesk tickets
- B.S. or an A.A.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology.
- 3-5 years performing computer, desktop, or helpdesk support.
- Proficiency in Windows 7/10 operating systems and environments.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word.
- Ability to assemble, configure, and repair computer hardware.
- Demonstrated skill in problem identification and resolution; possess judgment to delegate/escalate issues appropriately.
- Working knowledge of enterprise system dependencies and ability to use this information to troubleshoot.
- Working knowledge of hardware, network, web, and database technologies, tools, and protocols. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, Citrix, Terminal Services.
- Basic Network troubleshooting, fault detection, remediation, reporting while managing to an availability SLA.
- Working knowledge of vendor products and services.
- Possess exceptional communication skills—must articulate technical issues to a diverse non-technical audience and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrable solid customer service-orientation and communication skills and positive attitude.
- Demonstrable organizational skills, commitment and follow-through—meets all commitments to staff and team, attends meetings and planning sessions, communicates status updates, and completes tasks and deadlines as required.
- Ability to assume responsibility with minimum supervision, and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- An enthusiastic user of new technologies, i.e., an early adopter; demonstrable interest in keeping current with emerging technologies, standards, and best practices.
- Demonstrable initiative and ability to perform new tasks outside the candidate’s immediate range of skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in work schedule to work some evenings and weekends and be on on-call status.
- Ability to conduct research into communications issues as required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds and must have car for traveling.
- Willingness to travel and work irregular and overtime hours as needed.
- Planning and architecture in a rapidly iterative startup environment, ability to right-size and phase solutions according to changing business needs.
Job Type: Full-time