Bachelor of Science
Company is the global expert in the supply and full lifecycle management of specialty chemicals and gases, providing refrigerants, blowing agents, fire protection agents and carbon credit offsets to our customers around the world. With industry leading recovery, reclamation, and gas processing technologies, Company continues to lead the industry in developing cutting-edge solutions designed to protect the environment. The recent integration of Rapid Recovery and Diversified Pure Chem reinforce our continued commitment to our customers and the industry in which we serve. Together we become the number one provider in the end-to-end supply and reclamation service for our customers
To lead the Company engineering activities across North America through continuous development of the technical and infrastructure capabilities in order to achieve the company goals. Inspires and motivates a team of talented, skilled, and capable engineers to meet the business requirements of today and creates the company of the future through the continuous improvement of people, process, and projects. Develops, sets and maintains professional standards of operations in all fields including technical expertise and engineering development. Ensures that critical business projects are planned, resourced, and completed safely and in accordance with the company production schedules. Serves as the company business leader for all Capital Expense(CAPEX) planning and execution, ensuring that company resources are allocated to a prioritized set of projects.
President and Chief Operating Officer, Company Americas
Primary Place of Work
Toledo, Ohio; Fort Worth, TX; or Phoenix, AZ with travel between these facilities and other locations across North America
- Mentors, coaches, and develops Company engineering and technical resources to complete required projects on time and in line with capital expense expectation, supporting the continued growth of the business.
- Creates and coaches to individual development plans for each of our engineering and technical resources to develop a thoughtful mix of process-focused capability with critical project management skills.
- Develops a program to successfully integrate third party technical skills and capabilities into our business and project execution activities to ensure project execution is fast, simple, and efficient. Ensures that third party resources meet the highest levels of safety performance, operating in our plants as if they are one of our own, and that their work performance complies with requires technical standards.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement in all our projects with a focus on quality, health and safety to achieve the level of on-going safety culture expected for a world class leading Chemicals Company.
- In coordinate with Company International engineering teams, ensures that key projects delivered in the region integrate the latest technologies which help our employees operate our facilities more safely, more efficiently, the capability to deliver industry leading performance.
- Leads Process Safety Management and HAZOPs for all required project and processes in the business. Ensures that local operations and safety professionals are included in this process to ensure a well understood, and integrated review process.
- Trains, sustains, and utilizes project management skills in the development, execution, and tracking of company engineering projects. Develops a cadence to sufficiently communicate progress to the business in a timely manner.
- Project management; Lead and respond to the commercial needs of the business by developing operational activities ready for new product development.
- As a senior leader of the company's global engineering efforts, is available to support key company initiatives and projects where required.
- Contribute to the development of the business strategy, business planning and execution to support the achievement of business goals and key performance objectives.
- Support the preparation of budgets and forecasts and manage costs, overheads and expenditure in line with these, identifying opportunities to reduce cost so as the business achieves or exceeds the budgeted profit.
- Ensure good communication across the business, providing support to other departments with service improvements and consulting stakeholders on operations/engineering service improvements in order to ensuring both full functionality and continuous improvement of the business.Represent and promote the business at external committees, boards, local regional and international events.
- Any other tasks as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong background in performance management, coaching, and mentoring
- At least 10 years' experience of working in an operational/chemical processing environment
- Substantial experience of successfully managing a multi-disciplined team
- Background in Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience leading HAZOPs, EMOC, and MOC in a production environment.
- Have a detailed understanding of relevant industry standards OSHA, DOT, CGA etc.
- A sound understanding of regulated systems such as ISO 9000, 14000 and 18000
- Significant industrial safety experience
- Direct experience in projects which incorporate Process Safety Management
- A sound understanding of and experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- An excellent understanding of the pressurized equipment directive and its requirements
- Understanding of chemical processing techniques such as fractional distillation
- Experience of dealing with regulatory bodies such as the US EPA, OSHA and DOT
- Experience of handling and setting of budgets and financial performance parameters
- Waste management training
- Experience of working within the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning industry
Task and project
- Leadership, teamwork and communication
- Interest and enjoyment in working with people
- Effectively leads the team, demonstrating commitment to the business and values, motivates employees and sets clear expectations, promotes teamwork and recognizes and rewards exceptional performance
- Able to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Able to work well within a team and build effective relationships, internally and with external customers
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms, capable of communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
- Good coaching skills, able to pass on experience and advice effectively to members of the team
- Creates an environment to support change and takes responsibility for inspiring, leading and executing change
- Commercially aware and thinks strategically taking a long-term view of the business and its external environment, anticipating factors and trends that will affect the business; able to contribute to developing business strategy.
- Ability to take a high level view but to understand the detail to ensure it fits into wider business objectives; able to look at situations from several viewpoints
- Makes sound decisions based on analysis of facts and data, having considered all viable alternatives
- Drives continuous improvement and develops efficient processes
- Project management skills: Considers and executes projects successfully
- Able to make effective decisions
- Able to interpret financial information and to develop expertise in financial management
- Well organized with good attention to detail