Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes by performing the following duties.
- Develop manufacturing process (Bill of Materials & Traveler) for sheet metal and composite parts fabrication to customer requirements per customer supplied data (drawing, mylars and tooling). Must meet job release deadlines.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and process specifications.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles changes, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Should have knowledge of CATIA Design software; Epicor software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Education and/or Experience Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred, five years related experience required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand; walk and sit frequently.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms occasionally.
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Authorization / Security Clearance To be determined on a Program specific basis
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Area 75% of the time
- Manufacturing Area 25% of the time
- Noise – Moderate noise
- Work near moving mechanical parts 10% of the time
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume and salary history in confidence. TIGHITCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including individuals with a disability and veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Required)