This position is incentive eligible.
Salary Estimate: $109387.20 - $164091.20 / year
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Director Bed Management? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Dir Bed Management like you to be a part of our team.
The Director of Bed Management Process Improvement is responsible for the successful implementation of assigned Performance Improvement projects as defined and prioritized by Division and PI leadership. This position plays a key role in division and facility Bed Management process improvement projects by performing operational assessments and analyses, researching, and identifying/implementing best practices, facilitating groups and teams, managing projects, presenting results and recommendations, and developing measurement tools, to improve HCA operating processes toward greater efficiency and effectiveness. This individual will work directly with division and facility representatives to collaborate and deliver timely and value added assessments, action plans, and results that improve bed management functions. This position is critical in achieving targeted objectives through process, cost and productivity improvements. This position serves as resource/member of the PI division team in the completion of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis.
- Assists facility leaders to implement best practices and identify process improvement and cost-savings initiatives.
Assesses and analyzes all aspects of bed management performance for potential improvement opportunities, including:
- Assesses physician rounding patterns and impact on inpatient capacity (i.e. “Discharges before 11AM, after 3PM, etc)
o Analyzes ED hold hours by day of week by shift for patterns and opportunities
o Attends bed huddles at facility to determine effectiveness
o Assesses handoff process from ED and OR to Inpatient floor to ensure safe and timely transition
- Tracks % of Admissions Held and Hold Minutes/Admitted Patient
Measures Admit Order to Bed Request, Bed Request to Bed Assign & Bed Assign to Patient in Bed by facility by floor to identify opportunities
Assesses utilization of Bed Management technology for optimal use
- Performs staffing alignment models for EVS and Transport staff to ensure admission and discharge peak times are adequately covered
Designs and recommends processes, systems, procedures, and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in the establishment of operational work measurements and staffing standards.
- Serves as resource/member of the PI division team in the completion of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis.
Performs monitoring of throughput metrics and analysis of variances.
- Performs data mining to assess facilities bed management operational improvement opportunities.
- Assists in designing meaningful and realistic action plans for the implementation of process improvement ideas.
- Educates nurse supervisors, unit secretaries, unit directors, and other staff in optimizing the bed management functionality within the current technology.
- Supports the PI ER and PI OR Director in bed management issues.
- Actively communicates with facility, division, and corporate stakeholders to manage the project expectations and activities.
- Develops, executes, and maintains project work plans for each current project and work directly with the department local leadership and the core team directors.
- Serves as a facilitator, technical advisor, and analyst to hospital management and teams on the use of process improvement tools and techniques, analytical techniques, and statistical applications.
Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred. Relative work experience and/or certifications may substitute.
- 7+ professional experience
- 4-5 years relevant work experience
- Must be proficient in written and verbal skills
- Experience within healthcare operations required
Division based, travel required, % based on division geographic locations
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Dir Bed Management opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.